Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SwitchVM [LA] - Launch Offer - 256MB/512MB ($2.50 per month) - 1GB/1.5GB ($7 per month) - LET ONLY!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SwitchVM [LA] - Launch Offer - 256MB/512MB ($2.50 per month) - 1GB/1.5GB ($7 per month) - LET ONLY!!

2»

Comments

• $10 says you've closed within 6 months. Really am becoming tired of new fly-by hosts.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@AstoundingHost said: $10 says you've closed within 6 months. Really am becoming tired of new fly-by hosts.

This promo has gone well and quite a lot of orders have come in, actually.

• Come in, maybe. The important thing is to see if they're still with you next month and the month after. Quite a few lot of the low end members sign up to a VPS provider to do benchmarks and test out the network, support, etc. Very few of them will actually stick around.

• @AstoundingHost Having a bad day?

Thanked by 2PacketVM jcaleb
  • LAKid - No, brilliant as it so happens.

Alright :)

• @astoundinghost you should try to pick on someone your own size ;) I'm sure your year old company has a lot of holes that any larger company could quickly point out and very publicly if we'd like to - then again perhaps that is one of those holes, not being able to hold your tongue. You simply haven't had the time to massage out the kinks and the hosting world understands that. Leave the young entrepreneurs to their own devices and let those willing to take the risk of going with a new host, take the risk...

It is my experience that @dominicl knows a thing or two about hosting and while small, perhaps that seems to be the typical starting place of a new business? If he fails, he fails, if he doesn't, well then you just look like a total jerk don't you. Let us all hope for the latter.

Kill entrepreneurship and you, I and every host in this community dies with it.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • Thanked by 1BigScoots

Thanks for the orders guys. Still got a few more of these nice deals left. Also can work out custom deals, just like I did for @LAKid

PM me for custom, or order until they're out!!

• @AstoundingHost I'm sure many of the hosts around here started off this small, and have gradually expanded. Heck, I'm pretty sure when AH launched, everyone regarded you as a fly-by host.

• Best of luck Dominic :)

Thanked by 1PacketVM
  • @Jack Yeah, I've been talking to @AstoundingHost on skype, and apparently RAID is unnecessary.

edited September 2012

:) Thanks @Brandon

Typical, another order came through. Opened a ticket asking when he'd be set up and then bumped the ticket 27 minutes later saying "is anybody there". And this was a sales/billing enquiry. :P

@Jack said: Not the best thing to post...

True, I edited it out.

Todays orders have been set up. PM me if you didn't get a welcome email.

@Zen said: Use automated set up?

I'm not used to CE, haha. Yeah, I'm getting that set up shortly.

• @dominicl, contact bigscoots, justin.C will help you :) or if u wish to setup with CE i will help you.

• or just pop a ticket to clientexec , justin will help you out

Yeah, Justin's helping me with it :) Should have it resolved soon. Orders are still being set up quickly though

Currently in the process of installing SSL on SolusVM.

Can now provide ipv6. Submit a ticket if you want it added.

Wow - that was quick. Out of IP's - had to request some more. All orders will be accepted in the next 24 hours that are pending, or that come in.

Finally - should now be instant set up. SolusVM module and welcome emails are now..fixed!! :D