Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MySQL related: How export url from 8k posts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MySQL related: How export url from 8k posts?

sonicsonic Veteran

I have Wordpress blog with 8k posts.

Each post have 1 - 3 image url which all starts with http://mydomain/user/...

Do you know which SQL command can help me export all image url from 8k posts to TXT file?

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

is the image url set as featured image in Wordpress or is it in the body of the post?

Thanked by 1sonic
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@mikho said:
    is the image url set as featured image in Wordpress or is it in the body of the post?

It's in body of posts

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

thats bad :)
    I guess you can do a mysql query to extract the body part of each post to a text file and then grep the urls, it won't be foolproof and I'm sure that someone will come up with a more optimized way in the end:)

use adminer.php or phpmyadmin to export the data, it is in the "post_content" column in table "wp_posts".

you should exclude revisions of post and only exctract published posts.
    when you have the extracted posts you can start testing with grep to get the urls

Thanked by 1sonic
  • If you can give us an example of the posts table, we can see what we would need to do.

• Also send me a PM, and I will see how I can assist.

• nice exercise to solve. If I were younger I'll give this a go

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2015

If you want to dump the data, use HEX() on the text fields.

What I would do:

• Create a temp.php and query your DB for the full result without buffering
    • Do your replacements
    • Write to file, using hexadecimal where there's going to be tabs or newlines.
    • LOAD DATA INFILE into new table using CREATE TABLE newtable LIKE oldtable
    • Check data is OK. If so, replace old table with new.
  • Can you show a example of a database row with a image?

• I do not think sql query has good support of the regex, you can export the posts from the wordpress to a xml file, then use your favorite programming language, (awk, sed, perl, python) to parse the content and extract the pattern.

• komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

If you export the data to an excel spreadsheet, you can use a regex function from inside of excel to a new column, and obtain all of the images that way. Once done with that, use a new column to aggregate them all, if you are trying to make use of a php method to download all of the files locally. That, or use a bot like with uBotStudio to download all the images for you