Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPV4 NAT setup website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPV4 NAT setup website

marlmarl Member
edited March 2015 in Help

hi, i tried searching but i can't find tut on setting up website with a nat IPV4. i have reinstalled os, setup lamp. but how to point up the shared ip to my site? i have cloudflare, tried changing and pointing my site to the shared ip but it don't work. :D

help this newb please.

thank you.

Comments

• blackblack Member

With cloudflare, you're using their IPV6 -> IPv4 feature. Add an AAAA record (IPV6) for your website and it should load. You're not using your NAT IPv4.

Thanked by 1marl
  • marlmarl Member

@black said:
    With cloudflare, you're using their IPV6 -> IPv4 feature. Add an AAAA record (IPV6) for your website and it should load. You're not using your NAT IPv4.

the one i got the vps don't have ipv6. will this be useless? :/

• blackblack Member

@marl said:
    the one i got the vps don't have ipv6. will this be useless? :/

Not necessarily. You can still access your website via a NAT port. For example, something.com:1800, but most people never explicitly put in the port number when they're visiting a website. You'll either have to give them a link to click on or do it some other way. Also, if your host is using a proxy of sorts (like squid) they forward the traffic for a specific domain to your NAT VM.

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited March 2015

Ask the NAT provider to pull up a reverse proxy for you

Thanked by 2marl Aidan
  • marlmarl Member

email has port range, but i don't know the port to use. darn i thought this is simple as 123.

@black said:
    Not necessarily. You can still access your website via a NAT port. For example, something.com:1800, but most people never explicitly put in the port number when they're visiting a website. You'll either have to give them a link to click on or do it some other way. Also, if your host is using a proxy of sorts (like squid) they forward the traffic for a specific domain to your NAT VM.

• marlmarl Member

do i have to give them the domain name? what if i have lot of domains, kinda troublesome. i don't want to bother support with the price i payed.

@nexmark said:
    Ask the NAT provider to pull up a reverse proxy for you

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited March 2015

@marl said:
    email has port range, but i don't know the port to use. darn i thought this is simple as 123.

You can use a third party free SMTP service such as mandrill.

@marl said:
    do i have to give them the domain name? what if i have lot of domains, kinda troublesome. i don't want to bother support with the price i payed.

Multiple websites will work fine. And yes you'll need to give them the domain name.

• AICAIC Member

You have to add the AAA to the cloudflare and then setup the vhost in your vps for the domain. if you have multiple domain just enable the NameBased Hosting in your apache config. If you still have issue check the IP tables to allow the required port you are going to setup your site.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@aic
    The vps doesn't have ipv6 so can't use cloudflare

• AICAIC Member

@mikho said:
    aic
    The vps doesn't have ipv6 so can't use cloudflare

Why do the ipv6 required for the cloudflare?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

who is the host?

• wychwych Member

AnthonySmith said: who is the host?

+1.

edited March 2015

@AIC said:

You mentioned AAA record

• AICAIC Member

@mikho said:
    You mentioned AAA record

Ohh Ok, if the ipv6 is not available he need to point the A record to the vps IP address.

• BarisBaris Member

Checkout the lowendspirit forum for a tutorial with cloudflare:
    http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=441

• amjamj Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    who is the host?

@nexmark's DollarVZ, I guess.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@amj said:
    nexmark's DollarVZ, I guess.

Ah ok no reverse proxy then so using it for hosting a website is near enough pointless.

@AIC said:

Yes, but if port 80 is not forwarded to his IP (using NAT) then it wont work.

• marlmarl Member

Thanks all.

Reverse proxy been setup (or whatever it's called lol). All good now.

@AnthonySmith said:
    who is the host?

DollarVZ. :)

• In the future I will be offering an automated solution to this for very very cheap (free causes abusers). Will come with basic DDoS protection and upgradeable to over 700gbit protection.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Ah ok no reverse proxy then so using it for hosting a website is near enough pointless.

We do indeed have a reverse proxy :)