Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HeroicVPS / Spinikr Seems Dead - Any Ashburn/DC Offers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HeroicVPS / Spinikr Seems Dead - Any Ashburn/DC Offers?

joereidjoereid Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

I have a 128MB KVM in Virginia with HeroicVPS that has been offline for going on 4 days now.

Their support site has a database connection error, so you can't submit tickets. From what I understand they never answer any tickets lately anyway. I tried emailing [email protected] (listed in the whois data) but the email times out - I got a delayed delivery notification after a couple days. I even PM'd @HC_Ro here, but as he hasn't signed into LET since last September I'm sure he won't respond.

Not looking good.

Can anyone offer anything in the Washington DC/Ashburn, VA area? My specs are pretty light:

• 1 vCPU
  • 128 or 256MB memory
  • 5 or 10 GB disk
  • 100GB BW
  • 100Mbps port fine
  • Paid annually

Budget: ~$20/yr

I would like KVM or Xen, but would settle for OpenVZ if not totally oversold. This is for an old-school FPS game server that uses almost no resources at all. While very light on CPU usage, it does need consistent access to the CPU, so nodes with 1000 VMs all hammering the CPU probably won't work for me.

Any offers or guidance are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

This seems to have been on the cards for a few weeks now. I hope everything is ok with him, just seems so out of character.

• Me too, before this the VPS was rock solid, I've very sorry to see it turn out this way.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

We offer it in Atlanta Location Openvz and non oversold server Raid-10 Disk. $15/year order link: http://tos.pw/mWvjF

• I have something in Seattle for you ($7 annually) message me.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@nexmark said:
    I have something in Seattle for you ($7 annually) message me.

Dude, posting an offer is like a vet telling the owner that their beloved dog has died, THEN offering them to have a look at the pets that need a good home.

• @pbgben said:

While I don't agree with some of @nexmark's offers posted at inappropriate times, the OP asked if anyone has something similar so I think it's okay in this thread.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@pbgben said:
    Dude, posting an offer is like a vet telling the owner that their beloved dog has died, THEN offering them to have a look at the pets that need a good home.

Except in this instance (continuing your analogy), the owner actually asked the vet if there were any other dogs similar to the one that just passed away, as he still needed one.

• @pbgben said:

Can anyone offer anything in the Washington DC/Ashburn, VA area? My specs are pretty light:

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@nexmark said:

Poor dog, owner just replaced him :(

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited March 2015

@pbgben said: Poor dog, owner just replaced him :(

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2015

HeoricVPS has been a ghost ship, along with Spinikr and its shared hosting brand for the past 3-4 months. I had a VM in their Phoenix location and it was really good till about 3 months ago when it seems the owners/support people (if there were any) just seem to disappear and never come back. I put in support tickets that were never answered and now if you check their site their DB is even down so you can't access client area, billing or support.

They used to be a good provider. It looks like they had paid up bills to x date and then took a vacation though. I would call them deadpool at this point.

Edit: per ops request for cheap services in Ashburn - Good luck.. Ashburn is a bit expensive and you will be lucky to find another provider selling a vm at that price point. You would be better off looking for a server in the $7/month range and even then your choices will likely be limited.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @toshost said:
    We offer it in Atlanta Location Openvz and non oversold server Raid-10 Disk. $15/year order link: http://tos.pw/mWvjF

Thanks for the offer

@nexmark said:
    I have something in Seattle for you ($7 annually) message me.

Thank you too, however Seattle is about 2745 miles away from Ashburn/DC, opposite sides of the country :)

@TheLinuxBug said:
    HeoricVPS has been a ghost ship [...] Good luck.. Ashburn is a bit expensive and you will be lucky to find another provider selling a vm at that price point. You would be better off looking for a server in the $7/month range and even then your choices will likely be limited.

My experience exactly. I might be able to push the budget to $30/yr but unfortunately $7/m is totally out of the question for the specs I need.

*edit - I updated the title and category to better reflect that I'm looking for a replacement dog.

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2015

@TheLinuxBug said:
    HeoricVPS has been a ghost ship, along with Spinikr and its shared hosting brand for the past 3-4 months. I had a VM in their Phoenix location and it was really good till about 3 months ago when it seems the owners/support people (if there were any) just seem to disappear and never come back. I put in support tickets that were never answered and now if you check their site their DB is even down so you can't access client area, billing or support.

They used to be a good provider. It looks like they had paid up bills to x date and then took a vacation though. I would call them deadpool at this point.

Edit: per ops request for cheap services in Ashburn - Good luck.. Ashburn is a bit expensive and you will be lucky to find another provider selling a vm at that price point. You would be better off looking for a server in the $7/month range and even then your choices will likely be limited.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

I live near Ashburn, VA...Leaseweb is stationed here in Manassas, VA which is like 30 minutes away from Ashburn. Leaseweb usually has 40-50% off deals on their VPSes, I picked a 1GB/1CPU Leaseweb VPS up for only $3.50/month and it's been rock solid.

• @sin said:
    I live near Ashburn, VA...Leaseweb is stationed here in Manassas, VA which is like 15-20 minutes away from Ashburn. Leaseweb usually has 40-50% off deals on their VPSes, I picked a 1GB/1CPU Leaseweb VPS up for only $3.50/month and it's been rock solid.

Any links to such a deal?

• sinsin Member

@joereid said:
    Any links to such a deal?

Not right now unfortunately :( but keep an eye out on Leaseweb's website, they've had a few of those deals lately and they're good vpses.

• @sin said:
    Not right now unfortunately :( but keep an eye out on Leaseweb's website, they've had a few of those deals lately and they're good vpses.

I will, thanks :)

• I used to recommend them quite often.. I hope @HC_Ro does something about this. I have active services with them.. oops do i need a new home ;(

• @upfreak said:
    I used to recommend them quite often.. I hope HC_Ro does something about this. I have active services with them.. oops do i need a new home ;(

You might want to start shopping around...

• @upfreak I would suggest getting a new server ASAP and moving your data. There is no telling how long is left on the services they paid for and when the rest will go tits up at this point.

Cheers!