Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Domain Name Registrars
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Domain Name Registrars

Any recommendation on which domain registrars that are cost effective (cheapest) and reliable (no issue on transferring out the domain one day in future if needed) ?
Currently I am with namecheap.com and name.com

Comments

• faulwurffaulwurf Member
    edited March 2015

If you like it cheap go ahead to godaddy, but i do not know if they are reliable. Never bought a domain with them because I heared some strange things about the ceo.

I would recommend OVH atm. Average prices and their phone support is pretty good. (They need sometimes a little longer for normal tickets) Never had any problems with transferring domains. They also support dnssec and whois security.

• Namecheap always does the job for me. Namesilo is another recommended option.

• faulwurf said: I would recommend OVH atm. ... They also support dnssec and whois security.

Yeah, I use them as well. They don't hide the name though, only address, phone number, and proxy the email.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited March 2015

i use godaddy, namecheap, and namesilo, but I'm slowly transfer all domains from godaddy and namecheap to namesilo.

Godaddy, you might think they have the best price, but only for the first year, the renewal price is high if you can't find good coupon. And I don't like their ceo though, shaddy guy

Namecheap, nothing to complain, very good support indeed, but i find namesilo has better price w/o coupon plus free whois protection.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

NameSilo. Can't go wrong.

• +1 for NameSilo for all extensions that it supports.

For other extensions, considering NameCheap.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

GoDaddy's way better than it was a few years ago, but they still sting you on high renewals. Name.com is all-around pretty good when it comes to year-by-year pricing, although their support can be slow sometimes. I personally had a terrible experience with NameCheap, so I wouldn't recommend them.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • Won't recommend Godaddy because of renewal prices, but If you join Domain Discount Club, you will save on renewals of $60 or more. They are cheap on initial registrations because of lot of cheap coupons.

However, I would recommend NameSilo for free Whois privacy and locked in prices.

• 8bit8bit Member

NameCheap.

• AcacyAcacy Member

Internetbs for many domain extension

• Thanks all for the suggestions!
    I took a look at namesilo website, I will probably give it a try since the price is competitive with free whois privacy!