Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you guys ever get calls from parents
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you guys ever get calls from parents

dragonballz2kdragonballz2k Member
edited September 2012 in General

Is it just minecraft host that get it?

Comments

• No, parents never had a need to call?

• you mean when kids used their cards to buy service?

• @dragonballz2k said: Is it just minecraft host that get it?

I host MC and I get it all the time. I took my number off the website for this reason.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Wow you know what's even worse new minecraft host evey other hour. How much minecraft host do they need?

• @dragonballz2k said: Wow you know what's even worse new minecraft host evey other hour. How much minecraft host do they need?

Over 9000

• RootRoot Member
    edited September 2012

When clicking on this thread I was thinking of a scenario involving the parents of kids running a hosting service, where the parents call back their kids' customers and ask the suckers to stop leaving angry voice mails -- I mean, ask them to stop demanding hosting support from their kids. :)

• @Zen said: Pretty sure this only really happens with gameserver providers, since the general clientele (when it comes to Minecraft) are 12-14 year old kiddies.

It's more like half kiddies, and half really nice people. I have some clients that are the best.

The kiddies, you sometimes want to sock them in the face.

• Am I the only one here who never play minecraft ? (o_o)a

Thanked by 1Randy
  • VictorVictor Member
    edited September 2012

@Rikimaru90 said: Am I the only one here who never play minecraft ? (o_o)a

I've never played and never will, don't find its appeal.

• This is sad. Luckily we don't host minecraft. I thought about it but oh well.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @lele0108 said: you sometimes want to sock them in the face.

lol.

• No but I threatened to write to one of the member here's parents when he kept demanding refunds. Sorted him out pretty quickly :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@jhadley said: No but I threatened to write to one of the member here's parents when he kept demanding refunds. Sorted him out pretty quickly :)

LOL

• @jhadley said: No but I threatened to write to one of the member here's parents when he kept demanding refunds. Sorted him out pretty quickly :)

I had a skiddie on a hackforum asking members to decrypt a script I wrote, someone reported it to me, I got all his details and threatened to call mummy. Got a big apology email and the thread removed.

• @concerto49 beautiful site mate. However, you might want to remove that lowest price guarantee.

• Never had a parent call us and we've been in business almost 4 years.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@liam said: From reading that, I can guess who that is. He does it with a lot of hosts...

No it's not me if that's who you're thinking ;)

@Jack said: It was what I was thinking :)

Lol nope. He's not done that to me :P I don't do that anymore. Found my place and where I belong (the host)

@Jack said: @liam PM me who you thought it was.

He probably thought me as well, lol

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@dominicl said: Lol nope. He's not done that to me :P I don't do that anymore. Found my place and where I belong (the host)

They don't have refund policy, do they? lol

@Alex_LiquidHost said: They don't have refund policy, do they? lol

No :)

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

Me too jack. i was thinking the same guy as you are.

edited September 2012

Well apparently it was me although I don't recall receiving an email...ever. Really I would remember something like that...