Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS & Cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS & Cpanel

Hey i've recently installed cpanel into my vps, now im super confused because i always get the error page :
"If you are the web site owner, it is possible you have reached this page because:

The IP address has changed.
There has been a server misconfiguration.
The site may have been moved to a different server.
If you are the owner of this website and were not expecting to see this page, please contact your hosting provider."

I'm assuming my DNS wasn't configured right.

So far I've only gotten 1 IP From my vps provider. What I have done :
1) i've setup my hostname as server.mydomain.com
2) In my domain registar, ive added the hostname linked to my single IP. I've also added the nameservers ns1.mydomain.com & ns2.mydomain.com to my same IP.
3( In WHM ive added ns1.mydomain and ns2.mydomain.com as my nameservers

I can login into cPanel & WHM fine thru 2082 and 2087 but my main site shows that error page.. any ideas :)? Thanks !

Comments

• If i really can;t solv me it im willing to hire someone to do it for :S

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

I dont know how cpanel works but assuming domain is pointing to your server it looks like there is no website on it.
    Did you create the domain on the server and populated it with pages ?

• It is always better to run 2 nameservers on separate IP addresses. Also make sure you have registered both of your nameservers with your registrar, only adding them as nameservers wouldn't solve the problem, you have to register them as well.

• KaboomHostKaboomHost Member
    edited March 2015

@Ikoula yes i did make a basic index.html page

@famatel, what do u mean registering my nameservers with my registar ? maybe tthats my issue

Thanks by the way for your responses

• @KaboomHost said:
    Ikoula yes i did make a basic index.html page

famatel, what do u mean registering my nameservers with my registar ? maybe tthats my issue

Thanks by the way for your responses

you have created nameservers on your cPanel & added them with your registrar as nameservers but thats not enough & you have to register them as well. Until then they will not work. Please not that it may take upto 24 hours for propogation & then they will work perfectly.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If you need help I could take a look at your configuration. Not for free but we can discuss how much help you need and set a price on that amount of work.

1. do you have just hostname or is your domain there too?
    2. do you have zone files for domain, hostname, nameservers?
    3. did you register your nameservers with domain registrar?
    4. what output did you get for ifconfig?
    5. if all these aren't in place then get @mikho to administer & manage it for you..........
  • Why not asking to CPanel support?.

• Yay i solved it X)

• so what was amidst?