Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally have had enough with Chicagovps - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Finally have had enough with Chicagovps

2»

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Guess it is the season for "these threads" again :)

My spidersenses tells me there is a CVPS offer around the corner.

Thanked by 2netomx Wolframium
  • J1021J1021 Member

@mpkossen I know you miss these things sometimes, so I've tagged you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Nekki said: I don't understand why you'd offer something that you think customers shouldn't buy from you.

It's just like my consulting work. I'll offer to source the required computation space, but I'll make it clear that it's in the client's best interest to purchase the decided-upon requirements themselves.

With many hosting providers, they'll offer to sell domain names, but domain names aren't their core business, they don't make the providers much if any money, and realistically both client and provider would be better served if the client went with a different party for their domain name.

• MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

On the Chicago VPS subject, we regularly get spam from them too.

Just yesterday we received email from their lackey with two firstnames as a name, Matt James, asking us if we would be interested in their services. Fat chance. I'm sure they scrapped our information off ARIN. Completely unsolicited and completely unacceptable.