Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth it to upgrade from Dual X5150 to Dual L5420 for $100? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it worth it to upgrade from Dual X5150 to Dual L5420 for $100?

2»

Comments

• @MarkTurner said:
    Splickster - Not going to happen, that was a one time deal.

Ok, thanks for replying.

I won't state the obvious in regards to loosing out for acting quickly as requested - oops, just did...

• @MarkTurner how long it takes to upgrade, I have ordered from 22nd March and paid but until now this upgrade still pending can you assist me to take a look to find what is the issue.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2015

@keblux said:
    MarkTurner how long it takes to upgrade, I have ordered from 22nd March and paid but until now this upgrade still pending can you assist me to take a look to find what is the issue.

I am having this issue too so could you check for Me too @MarkTurner

• @MarkTurner I have sent ticket twice to support they said This is not a support issue, second i sent ticket to billing they said This is not a billing issue too, so i emailed the sales until now still no answer, I became regret why I wasted money for upgrades

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2015

@keblux said:
    @MarkTurner I have sent ticket twice to support they said This is not a support issue, second i sent ticket to billing they said This is not a billing issue too, so i emailed the sales until now still no answer, I became regret why I wasted money for upgrades

Yep that is the response I got from support too and haven't heard from sales yet either.

• @timnboys said:
    Yep that is the response I got from support too and haven't heard from sales yet either.

I do not believe it, they say this upgrade is very easy just to move the hard drive, but why takes a long time through 3 days and still no news, whether they actually do not have a server and just stalling?

• @keblux - when did you actually order it?

• @MarkTurner I have ordered and paid on 22nd march, 2015

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited March 2015

@keblux - You paid on the 22nd, so expect it at the end of the week or early next. Standard leadtime would push that off to Thursday at the earliest and this type of offer is definitely not subject to standard leadtime.

• @MarkTurner is the offer to have another disk and upgrade to RAID 1 for free is still active?

• @MarkTurner said:
    keblux - You paid on the 22nd, so expect it at the end of the week or early next. Standard leadtime would push that off to Thursday at the earliest and this type of offer is definitely not subject to standard leadtime.

so what the standard leadtime for this offer? 1 week, 1 month or 1 year? I suggest please include the day to takes for upgrade to complete in your offering email so i'm as the customer will not disappointed.

• comXyz said: is the offer to have another disk and upgrade to RAID 1 for free is still active?

Yes

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @keblux - Assuming your order was accepted the next business day, then usual leadtime for standard orders is upto 3 business days. Given the volume of these upgrades and that you came so late in the day, I would think before this time next week it will be done but no doubt sooner.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

hey @MarkTurner you should check about adding a second hard drive. It is 50% of the value of the dedi :(

• @netomx - with the coupon an extra 500GB will be $10/month

• CarpeCarpe Member

Paid on 12th and had it up and running the next day. Would go for the extra 500GB/Raid next once have more money.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Carpe said: Paid on 12th and had it up and running the next day.

You probably got in very fast at the beginning. But that upgrade was the most successful upsell to date. Approx 400 servers gone in 24 hours.

@MarkTurner said:
    netomx - with the coupon an extra 500GB will be $10/month

An I pay $20/m for the server, so that's why I said 50% :P

• netomx said: An I pay $20/m for the server, so that's why I said 50% :P

Then pay monthly and it will only be 33.3% ;)

@MarkTurner said:

Why not 1-time upgrade? As the processor. Would be nice to prepay the HDD and have most power :) with RAID!

• @netomx - this is the first time any of the Yomura companies have done one off charges for an upgrade. How this one plays out will determine whether they do it again or on other products.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CarpeCarpe Member

Hope all goes well with the very first one-off. Would defo like to see more. Tkx!

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @MarkTurner paid on the 9th and still no upgrade. Steve said he'd look into it a week ago (19th/20th) still no update...

• ZshenZshen Member
    edited March 2015

@mikeyur said:
    MarkTurner paid on the 9th and still no upgrade. Steve said he'd look into it a week ago (19th/20th) still no update...

Same.

Ordered on 03/09/2015. Ticket raised on 03/13/2015 politely asking for ETA. Brian stated it would be early the next week (03/16 - 03/18). No upgrade. Asked for update via the same ticket (367637) on 03/18 with no response. Closed ticket and opened a new one thinking they may not see the updated notes since they closed the ticket. Raised new ticket on 03/23/2015 12:47 (373630) with 0 response to date.

• @Mikeyur - PM me your order # and I'll investigate

• ReeRee Member

@comXyz said: is the offer to have another disk and upgrade to RAID 1 for free is still active?

@MarkTurner said:
    Yes

There's an offer for a free second disk?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

wat? Upgrade CPU without any necessity?

Just compare them on cpubenchmark.net

• ReeRee Member

Sorry to bump this old thread, but anybody interested in taking over one of these upgraded servers? I paid to upgrade at the end of March, and then at the end of June I felt compelled to renew it otherwise the $100 would be a waste.

But now instead of being out $100, I'm out $100 and another $90 for another 3 months for a server that I don't really have any use for!

Server is a ProLiant BL460c G1 with 2x500GB HDs, hence the $90/quarter instead of $60/quarter. At the end of September you'd be able to remove the second drive and drop back to $60/quarter if you'd like (or so support told me).