Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion of free control panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestion of free control panel

Hey all, im kinda new here, I'm gonna get a VPS with ( 4 cores, 2 gb guaranteed RAM+ 2.4GB VSWAP )

I've played around with cPanel & direct admin before, but not others. Im not very tech savvy/linux savvy and I was hoping you could tell me the most suitable control panel for me based on my requirements.

Requirements :
1. I will be running a free linux OS ( any1 so the panel must support a linux os )
2. Make multiple accounts ( like a reseller ), so i can host a few friends
3. Hopefully its very easy to use for newbies ( my friends ), we found DA, Cpanel pretty easy to use

Extra requirements ( with priority listed
1. An online file manager , not FTP so my even less tech savvy friends can do it ( High priority, but can live without it, i will teach them filezilla )
2. If its somehow possible, something life softacolous ( low priority, it will help me a lot more than to install it manually for my friends, but surely can live without it )

Thanks all !

Comments

• CentOSWebPanel (heard from others, never tried), ISPConfig (tried, works but you have to setup everything by yourself - eg no setup script), VestaCP (tried, works) are the best out there.

• I quite like VestaCP. It's quite noob friendly with a clean simple to use interface.

Thanked by 1creep
  • VestaCP

• +1 for VestaCP, also try CentosWebPanel.

• i think vestacp doesn't have a file manager

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@victorqd said:
    i think vestacp doesn't have a file manager

You can install pydio or any other file manager you want.

Thanked by 1vladka24
  • Sentora with some of my testing is much better than zpanel, I totally recommended much more stable and really works well.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

+1 CentOSWebPanel
    +1 Vesta

• X) I ended up installing CPanel cause its kinda cheap for VPS :D

• @KaboomHost said:
    X) I ended up installing CPanel cause its kinda cheap for VPS :D

wonder... how much are you spending on the VPS itself...? cPanel must be 30 to 50% of the cost!

+1 for VestaCP... + tight-VNC for GUI file management... supereasy and fast combo

• HorusHorus Member

kloxo-mr +webmin

Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • Kloxo-MR! Must to try it! I use it from years.

• First priority WHM/cPanel (paid)
    2nd Kloxo-MR http://zmsn.com/how-to-install-kloxo-mr-on-centos-6-4-vps-machine/

• well actually the vps i bought is just around $3 a month X), it was bought to play and test around if i was ready to try buy a dedicated X), seems like i have much to learn and play around with !

• vestacp and centos web panel springs to mind.

• I have been playing with interworx control panel, and I must say it is worth the $8.95-$9.99 per month VPS license. Cpanel is still my #1 choice for premium customers.

Free control panels
    1. VestaCP (I only wish easier integration with apache mod_sec module. Ngnix rocks!)
    2. VirtualMin
    3. Centos WebPanel (I need to do more testing)

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • MiniVMMiniVM Member
    edited March 2015

You Can Try :
    1. Froxlor
    2. VestaCP
    3. Webmin/Virtualmin

• Webuzo is pretty good !

• VestaCP or kloxomr, mr kloxo seems most stable!

• +1 for Webuzo and VestaCP. i use it for now.
    but Webuzo is for single panel.
    for centos-webpanel will try it, look complete panel in demo.
    dont use kloxo, its buggy.

• +1 for Virtualmin with Authentic Theme installed.