Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative of OVH 256 GB Ram?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative of OVH 256 GB Ram?

Hello guys.

Is there a alternative of OVH 256GB Ram server?

Its worth to lease it or to purchase a own hardware?

Thank you.

Comments

• http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-wopr

To have or not to have own servers depend on your growth strategy...

• Only hetzner not. They dident give me a second ip to create my second nameserver. Getting 256 ips at hetzner is same as winning a jackpot.

• @BuyAds said:
    Only hetzner not. They dident give me a second ip to create my second nameserver. Getting 256 ips at hetzner is same as winning a jackpot.

The site does say maximum /27 per server. They probably don't have cash to burn like OVH on RIPE IPs.

Online.net is your next best bet but they probably won't give you a /24 either.

• wychwych Member

Online.net only do /27 blocks. Max of 10 per account.

• Unless you have the money to spend, renting the server would probably be your best bet. From the OVH website, considering:

2x E5-2670 v2
    256GB DDR3 Ram

Consider that each of the 2 processors alone go for $2,100 before taxes, that's not calculating the case, rails, motherboard, ram, raid card, drives, power supplies, cooling, etc. Then on top of that, colocation fees, IP justification, colocation insurance (yes, a lot of providers require this now), etc.

Keep it simple, rent until it's absolutely logical to do otherwise.

• A dual E5 server with 256GB RAM and 'modest' storage and 10G nics will see you spend over $10,000 at least, up to twice that for 'big brand' kit (HP, IBM, etc)

• how much do you want to spend?

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

OVH is probably the way forward if you're not willing to invest tens of thousands.