Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's your favourite provider? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who's your favourite provider?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

bsdguy said: As a side remark, these servers are just a hobby

They should be. I buy all my hobby servers from people here. If I need something stable and serious, I buy from here AND setup redundancy among them. I see no point to pay top dollar for "stability" when everybody fails down the line now and then, while with 3 or more boxes well chosen here you are almost guaranteed(*) 100% uptime with lower prices and more resources.

(*) Barring events such as apocalypse or thermonuclear war.

• CrabCrab Member
    edited March 2015

IWStack, Ramnode, Wable & VPSDime

Thanked by 2Maounique MikePT
  • @Maounique

I agree. That's my approach, too. But I still prefer a littler pricier VPSs for business because (and if) I get less overbooked and and running on generally somewhat better (less worn down) hardware.

But yes, certainly 3 VPSs at 25$ each are way better than 1 VPS at 75$.

And I can afford that game because I don't run memory hogs. Many clients though simply lack the understanding and know-how to chose software wisely; they tend to use what most in the flock use.

Moreover, using a multi-site, multi-VPS approach one might quite well be able to use "good quality low-price" provider solutions like those from Prometeus (which I did not yet test but I guess the business product line would be adequate).

Apologies to @MrGeneral for slightly derailing the thread but I felt @Maounique has brought up an interesting point.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited March 2015

bsdguy said: the business product line

That has less ram per server, which means fewer people, more cpu per RAM GB, a larger chunk of the 1 gbps port, larger backup options, and weekly backups for internal recovery purposes. Plus, many DDoS magnets are not allowed there for extra safety, but, as you know, nothing is 100% guaranteed.
    That being said, apart from some small plans and IWStack xen zone, the prices there are not in the LEB category, so, it is not fair to compare them to other regular plans here.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • PcNyPcNy Member

INIZ and RIJX.
    Never got a problem with them.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I have used DigitalPoint and Iniz. they are good

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • no one really, just don't put all of your eggs into one basket. i like ramnode though :)

Thanked by 2lowendseven MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@bsdguy said:
    Maounique

I agree. That's my approach, too. But I still prefer a littler pricier VPSs for business because (and if) I get less overbooked and and running on generally somewhat better (less worn down) hardware.

But yes, certainly 3 VPSs at 25$ each are way better than 1 VPS at 75$.

And I can afford that game because I don't run memory hogs. Many clients though simply lack the understanding and know-how to chose software wisely; they tend to use what most in the flock use.

Moreover, using a multi-site, multi-VPS approach one might quite well be able to use "good quality low-price" provider solutions like those from Prometeus (which I did not yet test but I guess the business product line would be adequate).

Apologies to MrGeneral for slightly derailing the thread but I felt Maounique has brought up an interesting point.

You're more than welcome to discuss your point of view! :-)

• @agoldenberg said:
    For Dedicated Servers I would have to say qps takes it for me. For VPS it would have to be BoltVM and Steven_F

Thanks for the mention! Hopefully soon we can be your number one stop for dedicated servers as well. :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • fitvpn said: Nice self advertising :) Ask for self and reply to own question :D

Do you have something other to say??
    Everytime a thread is started, you straight forward say those words. You only thing everyone is self/paid advertising/reviewing. Stop trolling every time.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • TheKiller said: TheKiller

Be a killer not a idiot. Looks like this treat a one man show. And exactly after dediserve posting their new offer. Everyone like everyone went to buy. Market rules.

• kimsufi ('cause I'm masochistic)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Hostodo :-)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • fitvpn said: Be a killer not a idiot. Looks like this treat a one man show. And exactly after dediserve posting their new offer. Everyone like everyone went to buy. Market rules.

Just like your reply, you seems to have nothing to contribute useful. Every time you post same thing when this type of review or thread posted. You only think only you have real opinion and others have been paid to do so.

edited March 2015

@TheKiller said:

It's not worth to reply mate, don't waste your keyboard with fitvpn :P

And yes, I'm a very, very happy dediserve customer.

http://gyazo.com/0e25333f3e4a7e09942bfa98c56157f7

:)

Thanked by 2dediserve TheKiller

@Hassan said:
    Hostodo :-)

Never heard about that one!

• @Maounique said:
    setup redundancy among them

Do you use a distributed fs? If yes, would you mind sharing which one and your experience on how well it performs across DCs?

• MrGeneral said: MrGeneral

Lamb is lamb and thanked by affiliate. Start jerking :D

Thanked by 1MikePT

deadbeef said: Do you use a distributed fs?

No, unless redundant for backup. Replication and rsync for failover site. I do not go for master-master, type of thing,sync every hour is enough for me, but it depends on what you host. Some things might be impossible to replicate, for example, some game servers will have to start a new round, but, after a failure, it takes some time for people to reconnect anyway. I am no longer hosting games, just saying.
    As for across DCs, my setup does not need a distributed FS and when primary fails, everrything is switched to secondary.
    But I was able to load OSes from iSCSI over network from home to a DC so it should do well if within the same town and good peering. If 1000 miles aways and routes measuring 3000, it will suck big time. Across continents, it may work, but the speed will be very bad and at some point will even begin to break, unless those built for resilience and redundancy where speed is irrelevant.

Thanked by 2MikePT deadbeef
  • 247rack.com for enterprise clients, VPSie.com for good KVM automation and Peer 1 for colocation:)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

For Dedis: WorldStream, Online and OVH ( still waiting for drive failure then i will maybe change my mind, otherwise running since nearly 2 Years without probs)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Infinity580 said:
    For Dedis: WorldStream, Online and OVH ( still waiting for drive failure then i will maybe change my mind, otherwise running since nearly 2 Years without probs)

Never used WorldStream, I should check them out!

@MrGeneral they still have a 9,99 Deal, pretty neat.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Infinity580 said:
    MrGeneral they still have a 9,99 Deal, pretty neat.

Hello,

Thanks for the information, pretty neat indeed! :-)

@Infinity580 said:
    MrGeneral they still have a 9,99 Deal, pretty neat.

´
    Too expensive to pay monthly, almost 19 euros, :P

@MrGeneral i prepaid 6 Months, so its 9,99 + VAT its still pretty cheap.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Infinity580 said:
    MrGeneral i prepaid 6 Months, so its 9,99 + VAT its still pretty cheap.

I'd rather get an online.net server for 19.99 eur, much better, :-(

• KwiceroLTDKwiceroLTD Member
    edited March 2015

Dedicated: OVH (#1 - never had any issues), Namecheap (they sell dedis, and never had isseus), Dacentec (had one issue that was resolved within 5 minutes of opening a ticket), Datashack (had one issue which was resolved within 1 hour), Hetzner, Voxility.

VPS/Cloud:
    OVH (#1 - never had any issues), Vikinglayer (OVH, just not in RBX datacenter, in the er, I forget off the top of my head), Online Labs (testing it out, 10/10 so far), Crissic (host license verification servers on Crissic network), IWStack (got it a few days back, no problems what-so-ever).

Shared Hosting:
    Namecheap

Thanked by 1MikePT

@KwiceroLTD said:
    Dedicated: OVH (#1 - never had any issues), Namecheap (they sell dedis, and never had isseus), Dacentec (had one issue that was resolved within 5 minutes of opening a ticket), Datashack (had one issue which was resolved within 1 hour), Hetzner, Voxility.

VPS/Cloud:
    OVH (#1 - never had any issues), Vikinglayer (OVH, just not in RBX datacenter, in the er, I forget off the top of my head), Online Labs (testing it out, 10/10 so far), Crissic (host license verification servers on Crissic network), IWStack (got it a few days back, no problems what-so-ever).

Shared Hosting:
    Namecheap

What dedicated server do you have with Namecheap?

• MrGeneral said: What dedicated server do you have with Namecheap?

Xeon E3-1240 v34 Cores x 3.4 GHz

16 GB DDR3

2 x 1 TB

100 TB

C$165.43/mo

Link: https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/dedicated-servers.aspx