Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for test development
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for test development

JonletJonlet Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

I'm looking for a simple low end VPS with 128+mb of memory, at least a few gb of space, and at least 10gb of bandwidth to have a place to mess around with Python, Ruby, Postgresql, nginx, and node.js.

I won't be using it for anything public other than sharing my tests with friends. I mostly just want to play around with languages that my cPanel VPS doesn't support very well.

Bonus points if I can host something like Cloud9 Codebox (A web-based IDE) on it, but not necessary.

Comments

• jbarrjbarr Member

Sorry for not being more specific, but just go to any of the several sites that promote low end VPS sites and pick one with a good rating. You shouldn't have to pay more than a few bucks per month or even year. No IDEs, but in the process of getting things set up, you'll learn a lot about Linux system management.

• cassacassa Member
    Thanked by 1Brad
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Hi Jon,

Not sure how much you're trying to pay but I can offer you our 256M RAM OpenVZ plan for $10/yr:

**LAVZ-256 **

256MB RAM
    256MB vSWAP
    50GB HW RAID10 Protected HDD
    1TB Bandwidth
    1Gbit Port
    Virtualizor Control Panel
    Los Angeles, CA

$10.00/year

Order: https://hostodo.com/portal/cart.php?a=add&pid=12

Email us if you're looking for something smaller: [email protected]

Thanks,
    Hassan

• Assuming you want IPv4.

• Thanks for the replies, lots of great options.

• bersybersy Member
    edited March 2015

IPSystemsLTD (aff link) offers 256MB RAM, 32MB vSWAP, 3GB SSD RAID, 200GB BW, 2 IPv4 for $3.5/year in Dallas.

Generally there are many providers which would fit your requirements. What location do you prefer?

• We are pretty dev sympathetic, I think we could hook you up at no cost as long as the VM will be actively used.

• Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

• Why not just use vagrant and virtualbox if you are not running services, just play in the sandbox?

• 256 MB RAM
    10 GB RAID 10 HDD
    50GB bandwidth @ 1GBPS
    12$/year
    If interested let me know [email protected]