Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Proxmox Module
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Proxmox Module

ChiefChief Member
edited September 2012 in General

Has anyone fiddled with this module?
Advertising that it offers full automation between WHMCS and Proxmox.

http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/517/Proxmox-Full-Automation.html
http://websoftsolus.com/

------------------------
English translation
------------------------

Hello,

After many months of development we are pleased to info rm you that the final version 1.0.0 of
the module, WHMCS Proxmox Full Automation will be released on Monday, September 10, 2012,
it will include new features and is completely stable.

As expected, the license will pay and prices were set as follows:

7.5 € per node / month for a monthly payment (aproximately $9.37)
7.0 € per node / month for a quarterly payment (aproximately $8.75)
6.5 € per node / month for a semi-annual payment (aproximately $8.12)
6.0 € per node / month for an annual payment (aproximately $7.50)

IMPORTANT
Thank you to check now the number of additional nodes of your licenses, so as not to have to pay
more than what you actually use.

Regards,
WebSoftSolus Staff
Thanked by 1Asim

Comments

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Yes, I use it to link our windows vps to whmcs to start/stop/suspend/terminate the vps. Not for provisioning as it is done manually.

Some features were "to be implemented" in the version we have, and when I considered to use this and proxmox for the biz openvz node the lack of ipv6 (and maybe something I don't remember) was a show stopper :)

Thanks @raymii I started with that module because of the provisioning features (ip pools, plans etc.) however I agree that for our actual use your script would be good. :)

• @Prometeus I agree that my script lacks features (like proxmox KVM support), but with a little adaption you could call it remotely and let it create and install VM's. A friend of mine uses at his dev shop, they now use it in production...

@Raymii said: @Prometeus I agree that my script lacks features (like proxmox KVM support), but with a little adaption you could call it remotely and let it create and install VM's. A friend of mine uses at his dev shop, they now use it in production...

When I'll have the time I'll try to see how to wrap it into a whmcs module (your friend use the script with whmcs?)

• I tested the plugin since beta release. Nice tool, i only missing some client functions for kvm servers. Like uploading isos, mount isos and use the vnc connection to install their own os. Other function are in admin area like limited backup / template space for each vps and so.

I hope it comming in next release so it can be cut out solusvm. Proxmox + whmcs plugin can be a good alternative with some extra features!

@fileMEDIA said: I hope it comming in next release so it can be cut out solusvm. Proxmox + whmcs plugin can be a good alternative with some extra features!

IPv6 is MIA in the version we are using...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I would also love proxmox, sick and tired of solusvm which doesnt support kvm perfectly anyway. It looks like proxmox is advancing at a good pace.
    M

• @prometeus He built a little rails app around it, and now some developers at his shop can fire up vm's without needing him...

• Has anyone used a recent version of this module? Any idea if the current version supports IPv6?

• Thought it was supported via API, just not via the control panel. Good point though. In any case, is anyone using the current version?

• ProxMox does support ipv6, at least in KVM it does. Haven't messed with it on VZ

@raidz said: in KVM it does

Well, in KVM it does because of the bridging, if your network supports ipv6, kvm will too, it depends how will manage the IPs, tho, you will need an external hook or something.
    Even hostbill has some issues with that and after the latest upgrade they changed the IPv6 a lot.

• I suppose it will work with OpenVZ bridging as well in that case. I've provisioned IPv6 manually in Proxmox using the OVZ command line. It works just fine, but I was hoping there was a way to provision it automatically.

Unlike solus, proxmox supports veth (full if emulation, well, more or less), so there will be no problems, just make a script to give certain macs and a dhcp, should work.
    I hope proxmox will do something about it, hostbill, even tho has a module for it, cannot provide IPs because proxmox does not support it. You can use a hook into your own system from hostbill, bypassing proxmox, but it is ugly.

• @Maounique Thanks. I did some checking on my own system. The base proxmox commands/api doesn't support IPv6. I tried both pvectl and pvesh and neither will allow an IPv6 address. The standard vzctl of course does work.

I was thinking of course that DHCP is an option, but wouldn't that be a security issue as a customer would be able to change their IP address? This was my main reason for focusing on venet support as I though veth would be a problem.

• For now manual provisioning of IPv6 should work. I want to offer it though because I think its important to support it.

• @Maounique I've done some digging in past threads here and it looks like the solution for using openvz/veth is ebtables to prevent IP spoofing. It might be workable in my situation and it would solve the IP allocation issue.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/6586/experiences-with-openvz-veth-virtual-ethernet-device

As you said earlier, script a way to specify the MAC address and do static DHCP.

It can work with an IPAM solution as long as you manage to get hostbill work with it. Ebtables is ok too, but not supported by proxmox interface.
    So, you need to do manual ebtables, manual IP allocation and keep evidence of it in hostbill.
    I hope proxmox will solve this issue as well as ipv6 support in GUI/API.

• @Maounique said: I hope proxmox will solve this issue as well as ipv6 support in GUI/API.

Agreed. Its the most serious shortcoming of the system in my estimation.

• @Maounique said: I hope proxmox will solve this issue as well as ipv6 support in GUI/API.

Seems we are not the only ones thinking this. A shame there is no movement yet:

https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=309

https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=170