Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest multi domain ssl certificate?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest multi domain ssl certificate?

I'm looking for cheaper alternative to Namecheap's "Comodo PositiveSSL Multi-Domain" which is $29.88/yr.

Anything cheaper that's from a reliable provider? I wish DANE was supported well :\

Comments

• Cloudflare

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Funny story, I turned on Cloudflare SSL for a domain last night, it stopped a bunch of my services responding after a couple of hours.Had to disable it this morning to get them to respond again.

• DANE is not directly related to the certificate, it's DNSSEC + the cert's fingerprint in a special DNS record. It should work with every SSL certificate AFAIK.

• A wildcard one can be cheaper.

• @msg7086 said:
    A wildcard one can be cheaper.

Wildcard is even better.

@arpanjot said:
    cloud flare

Cloudflare is not an option.

• arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited March 2015

for wildcard,get a box with vmbox.co and get free wildcard ssl .Whats more, you can even cancel the box after one month and still keep the ssl as confirmed by them in some post.@vmbox please confirm

• I have cheap alphassl wildcard. PM me please.

• @arpanjot said:
    for wildcard,get a box with vmbox.co and get free wildcard ssl .Whats more, you can even cancel the box after one month and still keep the ssl as confirmed by them in some post.vmbox please confirm

Can you renew the certificate? & Can anyone confirm if this is the case? / Has anyone done this?

• Nope they cannot be renewed, just purchase another box from them n they will issue another cert after one year

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@smooch1502 said:
    Can you renew the certificate? & Can anyone confirm if this is the case? / Has anyone done this?

We issue 1 year certs with any VPS plan for any duration. You can keep the vps or cancel. When the ssl expires we'll simply recreate a new one for you free of charge.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited March 2015

If you are looking for a wildcard cert which seems to be more legit than order&cancel vmbox, you can grab one from @xoxo or his affiliates.

• Thanks for the responses. A kind LET user sent me a PM and gave me a free wildcard certificate from singlehop.

Thanks!

• dj1812dj1812 Member
    edited March 2015

I compared namecheap.com price with my current provider ssl2buy.com

namecheap.com

multi domain for 1 year = $29.88 (3 domains included)

additional domain cost = $12.88

Total cost of certificate = $42.76

ssl2buy.com

multi domain for 1 year = $45 (4 domains included)

Great price!

• pylodepylode Member
    edited March 2015

@dj1812 said:
    I compared namecheap.com price with my current provider ssl2buy.com

namecheap.com

multi domain for 1 year = $29.88 (3 domains included)

additional domain cost = $12.88

Total cost of certificate = $42.76

ssl2buy.com

multi domain for 1 year = $45 (4 domains included)

Great price!

This ssl2buy site seems to be spammed all over the place, I personally wouldn't trust them.

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

There is also this: https://cheapssls.co/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=3 Multi-Domain 1 year @ $19.95 w/3 domains included and additional domains $11.95

• dj1812dj1812 Member
    edited March 2015

@smooch1502 said:
    This ssl2buy site seems to be spammed all over the place, I personally wouldn't trust them.

I have a good experience with them. They gave me special coupon code for my bulk purchase.

• @dj1812 said:
    I have a good experience with them. They gave me special coupon code for my bulk purchase.

Thing is their site is awful and their name isn't well known.