Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download SYS backup?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Download SYS backup?

BuyAdsBuyAds Member
edited March 2015 in Help

Hello guys.

Can someone tell me how to download a backup from SYS backup server? Am not able to connect in port 21 with filezilla. Help me on this please.

Thank you!

Comments

• I believe you can only connect to the OVH backup space from an OVH machine, not from the internet.

• @dragon2611 said:
    I believe you can only connect to the OVH backup space from an OVH machine, not from the internet.

Yes, it's true.

• Thank you guys, but how to connect and download the backup?

• For simple, install net2ftp in your ovh server or use 'wget'

• There is a tutorial in ovh site but there shows how to connect, check files, backup etc... There is no word how to download that data.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited March 2015

If i connect from my server i get this thing: ftp>

If I wget from here the data will be stored to ftp server or my server?

• Use 'wget ftp://username:password@ovhftpaddress/file'. Change 'file' to '*' (wildcards) if you want all files where 'wget' access from ssh in your ovh server.

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • Should i connect first to ftp or to writte this when i login to my server? Thank you!

• MuZoMuZo Member

Just do a SSH tunnel and set it as proxy in filezilla on your computer

• @MuZo said:
    Just do a SSH tunnel and set it as proxy in filezilla on your computer

This is OK if you have a small amount of data you need to restore, but probably not advisable if you have a lot of data unless you have a really decent connection at home without any silly usage limits.

Even if you have a decent download speed most residential connections have comparatively slow upload speeds so sending the data back to the server would probably take a while.

• If you have a VPN running on any OVH machine you can connect through that to any OVH backup space, you dont have to login through your machine to that machines backup space, you can login through any OVH machine to any of your backup spaces.

• SadySady Member

Get into FTP of your account (you can see procedure on their website).

Then fire this "get $FILENAME" (w/o quotes) in the ftp directory where you have $FILENAME & that file will be downloaded in your server's directory where you connectsd FTP.