Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider who would allow legal torrents
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider who would allow legal torrents

Hi, I'm looking for a LEB which can handle rutorrent properly. I want to share 3 .torrent files ( a local prosecutor who is now dead .

For anyone interested this is the news.

This are the files I want to share ( no more, no less).

They had been shared previously in a non neat way so I want to provide everyone who wants to know the truth of what happens here ( Argentinian audience) a quicker way of downloading.

_Virtualization : OVZ or cheapest.
_Can't tell how much ram would be needed ( should have to check in my other servers).
_Contract : month to month.
_Location : the US ( already have 2 online.net servers).
_BW : can start with 250 GB with the option of adding some more for cheap.

Looking for LEBS .

Appreciate it.

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

RamNode allows torrents in U.S. locations if it's limited to 20 mbps -- https://clientarea.ramnode.com/aup.php

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I don't think RamNode will have problems with journalism/political content and they are in the US + they allow torrents as long as you don't abuse the I/O and network.

rTorrent is very lightweight, RAM is not a problem at all.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Prometeus allows all legal torrents, as long as you stay below our limits (600 mbps, 10-20k pps, 100% cpu, a few MB/s io, etc). It is fine with all torrenters so far, once a few months have someone going over that.

• Maounique said: 600 mbps, 10-20k pps

But 600Mbps even with maximum size packets (1500 bytes) would make 50k pps.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2015

It depends what maximum size means, in theory can be 65k.
    Those are limits imposed by the hardware port ans sharing it. I am sure people with 10 GB ports can offer better deals.

• Thanks guys for your input. I have a ramnode box myself. I'll try to see if it handles the rutorrent "load"
    @Nyr: I don't know how to use rtorrent without a GUI

• I think most companies will have no issues with torrents as long as you stay within the legal boundaries. If I remember torrenting is not illegal as long as you own a license/CD key so you should be okay.

Hope this helps

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

inthecloudblog said: I'll try to see if it handles the rutorrent "load" @Nyr: I don't know how to use rtorrent without a GUI

Pretty easy if you only want to seed 3 torrents, just do a search. Anyway, you can run ruTorrent too even on the cheapest box they sell.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • been trying to use https://github.com/arakasi72/rtinst which I also use in 2 online.net servers but putty becomes inactive and I cannot re login ( although I change the port from what I can see the script has done)
    This is where the script came from.

Might attempt to see how to rtorrent ( CLI works).. I had to format a VPS which almost had 1 year of uptime :(