Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for offshore VPS from an offshore company
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for offshore VPS from an offshore company

fishwharffishwharf Member
edited March 2015 in Requests

I am looking for an offshore VPS from a company not located in the US or UK. Sweden, Netherlands, Romania; don't really care where. Companies like Hostsailor and Hosthatch seem perfect with their offshore offerings, but unfortunately the companies are both based in the US.

I host a somewhat controversial website which does not offer pirated content or anything illegal, but has frequent issues with false and abusive DMCA claims despite fair use.

Also looking for at least 75 GB of space at a reasonable price. Don't want/need SSD. Something like 2 core, 1-2 GB of RAM, 75-100 GB for $15/mo or under.

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited March 2015

http://www.edis.at/en/server/linux-vserver/sweden

VRS Basic Storage? Or take a look at their plans on waveride.at

Edit: actually, EDIS just updated their ToS recently. I think this could be a problem.

Thanked by 1firebet
  • Intel Xeon X5560
    6 Cores
    2GB RAM
    100GB HDD

$14.00

if you want you can contact me at [email protected]

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

hostnoob said: Edit: actually, EDIS just updated their ToS recently. I think this could be a problem.

Either way, EDIS is based in Austria, which I don't think has copyright laws that would be more appealing to OP than those of the U.S. (although I'm not sure about that, @William probably knows about Austrian copyright with respect to limited intermediary liability on the Internet).

edited March 2015

Also, keep in mind that, no matter what country the hosting provider is based, they still accept a risk each time they ignore a DMCA complaint -- there's always a chance, however small, that the complaining party will get court order from the judicial system of the provider's home country that forces the hosting provider to terminate the allegedly copyrighted content.

(I say "court order" to mean something in relation to the country's copyright law and copyrighted material takedown process.)

If that court order or whatever is obtained, then the provider has two choices: to defend your content in court, or to accept it and terminate the content. They're obviously not going to go with the first option, since you're not paying them enough to justify hiring a lawyer (you can tell them that your content is legal all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that someone is going to have to defend your use of the content in court). But even if they terminate the content, they may still have to pay some legal fee depending on the law, and also spend administrative time to demonstrate to the court (or whatever government entity) that the content has been removed.

In other words, I don't think you can find a reliable and legitimate provider for $15/mo, because of the inherent risk that comes with ignoring a DMCA complaint, and the fact that every country has some kind of copyright law.

(Also note that you say that your use of the copyright is "fair use", but different countries have different concepts of fair use, if any at all.)

• fishwharffishwharf Member
    edited March 2015

@perennate Yeah, I'm aware of the issues. It's tough. I could either go with a "bulletproof" provider and pay more, but risk it being shutdown due to their hosting of clearly illegal material, or I could take my chances with a legit provider and hope I can fight copyright claims without having my service revoked. I sort of wish there was a "baby-bulletproof" tier or something.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

must be a company ?

• Everyone outside US and European Union ignore DMCA, they nothing to do with requests.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

said: I host a somewhat controversial website which does not offer pirated content or anything illegal, but has frequent issues with false and abusive DMCA claims despite fair use.

If your site is really legal on the country where it is hosted, no serious ISP will cave in to fake DMCA. If your site has a... dubious legality, that's a different matter.

• godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

Hi there,

CPU: 2 x 3,16 Ghz Intel Xeon

RAM: 2 Gb ECC

HDD: 75 Gb Sata Raid 5 (daily cloud backup)

2 x IPv4 IP's

KVM Virtualization with SolusVM CP

Unmetered 100 Mbps bandwidth

Price: 15 Euro / month (under 16$)

More info here: https://www.lcsnet.eu/vps-vds-dedicated/kvm-hosting

No DMCA

Contact me for the 75 Gb HDD space (you will not find this offer on the site). Cheers

• cociucociu Member

@fishwharf i sent you a PM too

• NekkiNekki Veteran

cociu said: i sent you a PM too

Was it for something 5x his stated budget?

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2015

@nekki yes is in his budget , aniway Happy Women day !

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

>

• @godtor said:
    Hi there,

CPU: 2 x 3,16 Ghz Intel Xeon

RAM: 2 Gb ECC

HDD: 75 Gb Sata Raid 5 (daily cloud backup)

2 x IPv4 IP's

KVM Virtualization with SolusVM CP

Unmetered 100 Mbps bandwidth

Price: 15 Euro / month (under 16$)

More info here: https://www.lcsnet.eu/vps-vds-dedicated/kvm-hosting

No DMCA

Contact me for the 75 Gb HDD space (you will not find this offer on the site). Cheers

interesting

• @XSLTel said:
    must be a company ?

i thought you guys were a more professional group looking at your services and you are not incorporated? intersting---

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

@kerouac
    nope I'm the only one managing xsltel.com atm . xsltel is "one man shop" based in Iraq and my clients are more than happy to deal with 1 trusted person than dealing with corp that has unknown/fake individuals.

nice sig btw :P

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • Why one man shop is bad instead group of unknown folks?

• OVH vps

• @fishwharf said:
    I could either go with a "bulletproof" provider and pay more, but risk it being shutdown due to their hosting of clearly illegal material, or I could take my chances with a legit provider and hope I can fight copyright claims without having my service revoked. I sort of wish there was a "baby-bulletproof" tier or something.

Bulletproof hosting isn't LowEnd, i think you get more chance to search classic offshore provider if you don't host illegal or malware contents like you said. The east of europe is a good choice.

• check my signature, we ignore dmca notices

• @XYZHosting said:
    check my signature, we ignore dmca notices

But you can't ignore BREIN complaints and court orders. Netherlands is NOT offshore.

Thanked by 1fitvpn
  • @XYZHosting said:
    check my signature, we ignore dmca notices

nice website

cant find DC information tho

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

Hi,

Check our services.

We ignoring DMCA, because we are not an us based company.

• @Fazzil said:

The definition of offshore is "not in this country". It's not "somewhere where nobody can reach me".

Fazzil said: But you can't ignore BREIN complaints and court orders. Netherlands is NOT offshore.

It's exactly what OP was asking for though, he or she knows that the company won't ignore a court order, but since OP believes the use of copyrighted content is fair use, OP just wants to make sure initial DMCA complaint won't be a problem (and doesn't expect the complainant to go any further).

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2015

greenvalueserver said: It,s verry simple sir Visit website and choose best plan Cheap dedicated servers & Low cost VPS hosting and business reseller

If you're going to half-inch your company name, at least nick it from a decent host and not the biggest shithouses in the LET-space.

EDIT: Also, flagged for spam, nob-chops.

Thanked by 1wych
  • lazytlazyt Member

DMCA is better then Ddos these days. So many providers knee jerk and pull the plugs for total crap.

• lazyt said: DMCA is better then Ddos these days. So many providers knee jerk and pull the plugs for total crap.

only in the US.