Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anybody use QuadIX servers? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anybody use QuadIX servers?

13»

Comments

• mashokk369mashokk369 Member
    edited March 2015

@mustafaramadhan said:
    Possible something wrong with HW RAID card and or HDD.

Actually it was SW raid. I also guessed foul in HDD

@linuxthefish said:
    Check SMART statistics with smartctl if you can find how with the RAID card, sometimes drives that are dying will give low speed before they die!

Thanks, but quadix offered me free upgrade to HW Raid. Things got settled then.

• @mashokk369 how much IO you got with 4x1TB HW RAID 10?

• root@IX-0080:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/output bs=8k count=500k; rm -f /tmp/output
    512000+0 records in
    512000+0 records out
    4194304000 bytes (4.2 GB) copied, 3.48249 s, 1.2 GB/s

freevps bench mark gave an i/o of around 300 mb/s

• FalzoFalzo Member

@mashokk369 said:

root@IX-0080:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/output bs=8k count=500k; rm -f /tmp/output
    512000+0 records in
    512000+0 records out
    4194304000 bytes (4.2 GB) copied, 3.48249 s, 1.2 GB/s

why running dd in /tmp with an 8k blocksize? freevps uses bs=64k and probably not from /tmp at all...

• @mashokk369 what model HW Raid used on server?

• Any clue if I can pool a 1gbit connection ( share it with many dedis with them)?

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited March 2015

@mikeyur said:
    I had a rough experience with VolumeDrive.. really rough. Took probably week or maybe a tad longer to get the server, network issues - got resolved - then the server went down, it was a pretty clean install so I don't know why/how it went down.

They offered to do an OS reinstall, agreed to it, then never heard back from them until I complained on here - and then I just wanted it canceled by that point. Headaches.. so many headaches.

They'll only respond to tickets and or requests only if you complain about it publicly.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@mashokk369 said:
    freevps bench mark gave an i/o of around 300 mb/s

Thats normal for a 4x1TB raid-10

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@nexmark not really. Every ticket I've opened was responded to within a couple hours.

• @BharatB said:

That was not a complaint. That was an answer to @jazz1611

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@mashokk369 said:

I never told it was a complaint lol xD

• Ordered the 3rd box. These guys are doing a hell of a good job ( so far), knocks wood.