Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Declines service for no reason :D #Corrupt Company
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Declines service for no reason :D #Corrupt Company

MonsteRMonsteR Member
edited March 2015 in Providers

So been having issues with OVH before they declined a refund which was fair enough to I kept the server for a month without using it. Needed a storage server so I figured might as wells try OVH as they have some good deals, Last sunday I ordered a dedicated server with 3x4TB of space. They say deployed in 120 Seconds so waited until Wednesday night(Today) sent them a follow up email asking where my services where and got this.

Good day,

>

Thank you for contacting the OVH support to follow-up on your order. I apologise for the >delay of our response.

>

I have verified your account and the reason you did not receive your server is because we >have decided to no longer do business with you. You'll also be unable to renew your current >services.

>

Regards,

>
>

Rodrigue A.
Customer Advocate

OVH has seriously irritated me due to this I have always been a loyal customer with no overdue invoices or unpaid services, no abuse reports no issues accept with their support and them not refunding one order which they messed up on.

So will they even refund the order I just paid for or not because they have decided to no longer do business with me, I mean what does that even mean as their is no logical reasoning behind it, i have emailed them back asking for a refund on the server they haven't provided and my invoices I have just paid for current services. because if they decline me service ill simply go somewhere better with better support I.e online.net or another.

Just what do you guys think about this whole situation seems a little weird and illegitimate ?

OVH?
  1. OVH Going Downhill?35 votes
    1. Yes
      17.14%
    2. No
      74.29%
    3. Borderline!
        8.57%

Comments

• Also second question would be Anyone know where there is good storage server deals to host a video sharing website?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

Move to providers as this is not an offer. You will need to add the Poll back in @MonsteR

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • @Lee said:
    Move to providers as this is not an offer. You will need to add the Poll back in MonsteR

Thanks for moving it, Sorry for posting the wrong section.

• LeeLee Veteran

@MonsteR said:

No worries, not sure what it is with Vanilla but it wont keep the poll when moving to a different section, stupid software!

• @Lee said:

Indeed you can't edit the post either without removing the poll.

• LeeLee Veteran

I voted no. The thing with OVH is that their servers are pretty good quality generally, the network is ok and for the price and what you get it's hard to complain about those elements.

However their support as you know is basically crap. It's totally hit and miss whether you get a quick helpful answer or a WTF answer which you got.

Going downhill? No, just not getting better.

Thanked by 3netomx Dylan MonsteR
  • I have read many of those threads and am thinking to move before hapends to me also.

Thanked by 1MonsteR
  • @BuyAds said:
    I have read many of those threads and am thinking to move before hapends to me also.

Can you send me the link to some threads? via PM is OK.
    I need to read some more before deciding to go with OVH or not.
    Thanks

• @MonsteR said:
    Also second question would be Anyone know where there is good storage server deals to host a video sharing website?

Worldsteam or 100TB.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

comXyz said: Can you send me the link to some threads? via PM is OK. I need to read some more before deciding to go with OVH or not. Thanks

Uncle Salvatore, after being a loyal customer for years has been suddenly kicked and services terminated without refunds because he is italian. I was never allowed to even have services with them, probably because I am romanian. They also terminated services in the past to friends of mine without a reason or for invented reasons.

They are not going downhill, if anything, these cases are less frequent now.

• @Maounique wow, just wow. I think I will go with hetzner or online.net then.

Can you recommend me providers you're using?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

online.net is cool as long as you remember to cancel in time. They also have some quirks, you will find some threads, but those were usually in the past.
    I am using many providers, but i am not looking for rock-solid stability, in general, just the cheapest price. If you want kinda cheap and very stable (though nothing is 100% stable, you must always keep in m ind) I will recommend prometeus.net (xenpower.com, overzold.com, iwstack.com, my.iperweb.com), I work for them and I know what I am talking about.
    In US you also have Ramnode and Buyvm, but they also opened EU locations.
    One of my favourites was EDIS, but they changed ToS and it looks like they are either selling or already sold the business.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • vpslegendvpslegend Member
    edited March 2015

@MonsteR said:
    So been having issues with OVH before they declined a refund which was fair enough to I kept the server for a month without using it. Needed a storage server so I figured might as wells try OVH as they have some good deals, Last sunday I ordered a dedicated server with 3x4TB of space. They say deployed in 120 Seconds so waited until Wednesday night(Today) sent them a follow up email asking where my services where and got this.

Just what do you guys think about this whole situation seems a little weird and illegitimate ?

Was your account with OVH US/CA or with one of their European subsidiaries? Please click "Notify the Supervisor" button on the ticket & ask to review the decision as you never violated their terms of service.

• @vpslegend said:
    Was your account with OVH US/CA or with one of their European subsidiaries? Please click "Notify the Supervisor" button on the ticket & ask to review the decision as you never violated their terms of service.

CA/US so bad support, I think im just going to wait and hopefully get a refund and just call OVH a loss to be honest im done with just getting screwed plain and simple and i'll prefer spending my money else where as I no longer condone them or can tolerate them.