Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Launch Free VPS's - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pre-Launch Free VPS's

124»

Comments

• got it.

• nikcnikc Member
    edited September 2012

Got mine, had just about enough time to test the bandwidth before it got terminated cause I accessed it via VPN I use through another one of my UK VPS's, the termination email said I was using a "proxy". Interesting as when I registered my interest I clearly stated that the purpose of the test would be to run a VPN.

Waste of time.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@nikc Purpose to run a VPN is fine, however ordering through a proxy isn't.

• Would be fine, but how can you say I ordered through a proxy ? I ordered whilst connected via my VPN ....

• @nikc VPN is a proxy.

• @StormVZ said: @nikc VPN is a proxy.

LOL, made my day that.

• @nikc You must either be on drugs or just a kid.

VPN & Proxy do the same thing which is hide your real IP / Location. Anyone mature LET'er will be able to tell you this as well.

• Thanks for the trial VPS. Few points:

1. Your whmcs mails landed straight into gmail spam so may be you wanna do something about it.
    2. Ssl up the solusvm (install a real cert. for solus hostname).
    3. OS reinstall was relatively quite slow. (will try this again).
  • @akb

1. Should be fixed now if you ordered after around 12:30PM BST
    2. Will be doing so soon
    3. It should be fairly quick to be honest as the OS's are stored on SSD/SAS
  • @StormVZ said: We are releasing KVM VPS's, no OpenVZ(Blergh) and no Xen(due to fact doesn't support RHEL6)

I have got a OpenVZ VPS. Have you changed your mind?

• @peppr Yes we did change back, forgot to update the thread

• So far these are my observations

1. billing mails go to spam. Guess it is sorted by now
    2. Network and i/o is pretty much good (benchmark here)
    3. Tried Cpanel dns only install and it completed in 26 minutes. Quite fast IMO
    Thanked by 1Patrick
  • @StormVZ said: It should be fairly quick to be honest as the OS's are stored on SSD/SAS

Please ignore. It reinstalled very swiftly this time. May be everyone on the node was benchmarking the disk when I tried the reinstall last time.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • @StormVZ said: VPN & Proxy do the same thing which is hide your real IP / Location. Anyone mature LET'er will be able to tell you this as well.

Thanks for the IT lesson, but a proxy server and a VPN are different things, any mature IT professional will be able to tell you this as well.

• Shouldn't a re-install via SolusVM reset the root password to the one supplied during order? Doesn't seem to be happening.

• @akb It should but I've experienced similar issue when I had a SolusVM Based VPS elsewhere as well but I'll certainly look into it again

• @nikc nope, you just made yourself look like a complete dumb ass.

VPS CP has auto SSL redirect so you should go directly through https

• Could you enable the iptables modules needed for OpenVPN-AS server?

"iptables service not started because of error (SVC_RUN_EXCEPT)"

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@emilv Mind submitting ticket so we can resolve this for you, seems tun module hasn't loaded properly so we will force it on your vps

https://stormvz.com/my/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=2

Thanked by 1emilv
  • Ticket submitted.

• Works now, thanks. :)

• @emilv no problem, let me know if you need anything else.

• Moving client area to stormvz.net - should be up in a few

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

New USA node coming in a few!

Thanked by 1emilv