Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: Reliable/Cheap FTP Storage space (for backups)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: Reliable/Cheap FTP Storage space (for backups)

So,
Does anyone know if there are any FTP offers or cheap FTP storage that i can purchase somewhere? Mainly used for scheduled backups of my servers.

Requirements: 100GB-ish? or more?
Price? I dont know, cheap? < $50/year if possible?
Im just looking for best value for money.

I used to use backupsy VPS to set this up, but setting up a whole VPS for this seems a lot more hassle than its worth. I recall them offering a cheap FTP plan at some point, but i cant find it. Im sure others offer similar FTP plans, anyone have any links/offers?

I prefer a reputable provider, someone who wont disappear in the near future.

If you have a better backup solution/idea, let me know. I use virtualmin control panel, which has a pretty nice integration of scheduled backups, works really easily with FTP (and other solutions), i prefer not have to install things, just make use of the panel etc that's already there.

Cheers.

Comments

• davidavi Member

You can try online.net kidechire which is dedicated server and comes with 100 GB free ftp space also. FTP space has some limit on number of files. And this is less than $50

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

If you get a VPS then you can just use the SSH details as SFTP details for e.g. Filezilla so I don't see how it's really very difficult? Only disadvantage I guess would be no panel at all unless you took the time to install one.

• Hosthatch has a KVM storage VM: 384m ram, 120G hdd, 500gB xfer on gigabit, $3/mo. Just search offers for hosthatch.

• Prometeus is pretty stable, they moved the server once which gave me some headache (but that was completely my fault, they sent out emails months in advance) but other than that I was happy with that backup space.

Thanked by 1wumingshi
  • @davi said:
    You can try online.net kidechire which is dedicated server and comes with 100 GB free ftp space also. FTP space has some limit on number of files. And this is less than $50

Completely forgot about that, now that is another good spot for me to do the (secondary) backup!

• I too am interested in to a similar plan

• decaydecay Member

davi said: You can try online.net kidechire which is dedicated server and comes with 100 GB free ftp space also. FTP space has some limit on number of files. And this is less than $50

Sorry, i mist be blind, can you link me to this if you can find it?

SpartanHost said: If you get a VPS then you can just use the SSH details as SFTP details for e.g. Filezilla so I don't see how it's really very difficult?

Good point. i Suppose a VPS would work too. Just means that i need a reliable VPS. Only downside is the hassle of maintaining the VPS. Usually its nothing, but specially if you have a VPS with a bad provider, you have to monitor, do updates, make sure its not down etc. Having a simple FTP server means that its all managed, and less headaches for you.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

davi said: You can try online.net kidechire which is dedicated server and comes with 100 GB free ftp space also. FTP space has some limit on number of files. And this is less than $50

No he can't, they had been sold out for many months.

• I have some ftp accounts and vps, let me check and i post them

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Hey,

We have FTP storage servers located in France, OVH's network.

$0.02/GB for an FTP share, plus a one time setup. We can easily expand to 50TB should you ever need it :) https://secure.bigvps.io/cart.php?gid=3

• edited March 2015

said: seems a lot more hassle than its worth

I'm curious why the VPS is a hassle. Using Ramnode's 80GB $15/yr box you can set yourself up with SSL/TLS (self-signed or other) chroot FTP service for $0.015 per GB.

• I don't mind setting up a cPanel account. So you have FTP plus cPanel. I can do 100GB Disk, 500GB Bandwidth = $50 / y. If that's what you really want.

Like others pointed out though. Cheaper options out there.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

rajprakash said: I'm curious why the VPS is a hassle. Using Ramnode's 80GB $15/yr box you can set yourself up with SSL/TLS (self-signed or other) chroot FTP service for $0.015 per GB.

You also need to keep it updated or will be suspended/terminated for outgoing attacks or spam.
    Having a VPS involves more responsibility than just let it idle.

• davidavi Member

online.net kidechire has 160 GB harddisk as dedicated server with 2 GB ram and further 100 GB free ftp space. If anyone interested, I have one extra to outsource at reasonable price. PM me if interested.

• @davi said:
    online.net kidechire has 160 GB harddisk as dedicated server with 2 GB ram and further 100 GB free ftp space. If anyone interested, I have one extra to outsource at reasonable price. PM me if interested.

How much is it?

• SadySady Member

I've 2 idle kidechires & 5x 100GB FTP space.

If you need any of those then just ping me & I'll see what I could do for you :)

• You still have them left?

• I am also searching, please pm me your offers.

• qchostqchost Member, Host Rep

We can offer 100Gb VPS, 128Mb RAM for $45 per year.

• What about S3 style storage? Would that work?

• NomadNomad Member

You can still pay the setup fee and get a Online.net Sc Gen2.

It will be 6 euros per month making it 72 euros per year but you will have 500gb dedicated hdd and 100gb free ftp.

• sonicsonic Veteran

I have some online.net kidechire avail , PM if you need

• rohidevrohidev Member
    edited November 2020

ITLDC - 5gb storage ftp = 0.75 eur/month:
    https://my.itldc.com/billmgr?startpage=nas
    == or ==
    melbicom UAB
    0.30 EUR per month per GB :
    https://eu.my.melbicom.net/billmgr?startpage=storage

• 2015?

• @rohidev said: ITLDC - 5gb storage ftp = 0.75 eur/month:

SecureDragon is cheaper
    https://securedragon.net/clients/cart.php?gid=52

• While we are at it... check out hetzner.

https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-share

FTP access for about 3 euro for 100gb space

• WOW... just WOW!...
    This is one hell of a necro post..

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @RouteIX said:
    WOW... just WOW!...
    This is one hell of a necro post..

Yeah, unclear what woke @rohidev from his slumber -- perhaps he's become a shill

• @doughnet said:
    While we are at it... check out hetzner.

https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-share

FTP access for about 3 euro for 100gb space

You mean:

https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-box