Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSL cert provider with SHA1RSA still supported
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSL cert provider with SHA1RSA still supported

We have recently updated our SSL cert.

It all goes well, except for one client. They're using their own custom software to connect to our webservice.

Problem is their software is not supporting our current SSL cert that have SHA256RSA signature algorithm. They support SHA1RSA only currently. (They schedule to update it in few months).

We have tried few options. But none working so far.

So we're back to the SSL cert. We're thinking of creating custom subdomain for this client and purchase new ssl cert that have SHA1RSA signature algorithm.

We have contacted our vendor but they cannot provide SHA1RSA cert anymore.

So, guys do you know any ssl provider that I could go and buy SHA1RSA cert?

Comments

• berkayberkay Member
    edited March 2015

AlphaSSL might still be doing it. Or StartSSL.

• akbakb Member

I was in a similar situation recently. Namecheap's PositiveSSL helped me. Their automated system will generate SHA2 only. But after purchasing if you contact their 24x7 live support, they will make some changes in the backend for your order after which a SHA1 will be sent to you. After entering CSR, just get hold of them on the chat for the rest of the process.

Also this free Chinese SSL provides option of SHA1/SHA2 during the process:

https://buy.wosign.com/freessl.html

• akbakb Member

Another option is GlobeSSL. I had contacted them few days back and I received a positive reply:

Right now all certificates are issued SHA2 and you cannot choose. However, once the ssl is issued, we can reissue it to SHA1 if you need. Please order a ssl from the www.globessl.com site and let us know one you have it so we can manually reissue to sha1.

• introducial said: AlphaSSL

AlphaSSL/GlobalSign stopped issuing SHA1 SSL Certificates quite a while ago.

• It sounds like the cert is only for server-server communication (not clients?) - if so you may be able to self-sign?

• Thanks @akb - I've forward your information to my manager to decide which one to buy.

Thanks also @introducial - I've contacted AlphaSSL, no reply yet. but then @DalekOfSkaro pointed out that they no longer support it.

@tehdan - we've tried self-sign cert. However their securities setting doesn't allows it, not sure it is from their software of their proxy/firewall. I'm only informed that it's not working.

• TheSSLStore is still issuing out SHA-1 certificates, during generation you're given the option to select either SHA-1/SHA-2 (SHA-2 is default).

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    AlphaSSL/GlobalSign stopped issuing SHA1 SSL Certificates quite a while ago.

I have a wildcard SHA1 AlphaSSL cert from VMBox issued at October 7th, 2014 but I don't know if they stopped issuing it in this 5 months.

• akbakb Member

introducial said: but I don't know if they stopped issuing it in this 5 months.

Yes they issue SHA2 only now. I had checked with them too.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I would have thought most providers will do them if you ask for them. There's still a lot of kit in use out there that can't handle SHA2.