Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Backupsy?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why Backupsy?

I would like to know why many in this forum suggests Backupsy, while they are not the cheapest?

With the current Coupon (40% less) I can get for $72/Annually an account from them for 250GB Disk / 512MB RAM. On the other hand there are many other VPS providers from whom I can get a similar server for much less.

Before I order from Backupsy, I like to know why

Thanked by 1mpkossen

Comments

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

A lot of people recommend them as they've been proven to be reliable for the price they charge and the owner is known around here so people have the confidence to recommend.

• wychwych Member
    edited March 2015

A large chunk of members have special pricing that has since been increased IIRC.

Also they do have @serverian behind them.

• Zero issues, zero downtime for as long as I've been with them.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@catalystium said:
    Zero issues, zero downtime for as long as I've been with them.

THIS. Together with friendly support which you will never get to know because things just work. They are worth every penny and still cheap as hell for what you get.

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • Try 123systems (or replace it with another very cheap provider) for a year and then switch to Oktay's company, you'll understand why you need to pay a few extra bucks.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • BigVPS.io, got a great deal on a small system with large storage. @pgben is around here.

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • The price is for KVM and not OVZ, which is pretty reasonable IMO. I had maybe one or two minor issues over the past year or so that were resolved in a prompt and professional manner. Uptime has otherwise been excellent and it's overall a company that I trust and am very happy with.

• @Churchill said:
    BigVPS.io, got a great deal on a small system with large storage. pgben is around here.

+1, they did nice work to get open media vault working nicely. They have VMWare systems if I remember correctly.

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • jhjh Member

Backupsy is a real company with decent employees and equipment. It's definitely worth a couple of dollars more than some bedroom host.

• Everyone knows the cheaper something is, the higher quality it will be.

• I talked to Ben, VMWare is on the chopping block to be removed soon. That license cost has to kill them in pricing.

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • LeeLee Veteran

jhadley said: some bedroom host

How would you differentiate a bedroom host? If I recall Serverian works from home so technically a host in some room in the house.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Backupsy is industry standard for backups on VPS.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited March 2015

@Lee said:

Bless the internet for it allows people to leave the data center and work from remote locations. Has he considered leaving the bedroom and working from the living room? The dining room, perhaps?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I used Backupsy for a while, good experience, no problems, etc.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the mention Guys, Much appreciated.

I work from home, whats the problem with that? The added cost of a rented office would be reflected in pricing.

• LeeLee Veteran

pbgben said: I work from home, whats the problem with that?

Nothing it's what most do, as you say no need for an office nobody visits. But it seems to be an on going stigma that you can't work from home and not be a bedroom host, just bullcrap.

• CronusCronus Member
    edited March 2015

I switched from ChicagoVPS to Backupsy and it was the best decision I made. I've been with them since 07/21/2013 and I have had 0 issues and 0 downtime. Rock solid stability and I get what I purchased, no overselling, full 250GB for me to use! octay I really trust, I would go with any of his other brands If I needed them.

• @smartcard said:
    I would like to know why many in this forum suggests Backupsy, while they are not the cheapest?

And people wonder why GVS had so much business...facepalm.

Thanked by 1sin
  • vyalavyala Member

Do you host ftp/file server in Backupsy? Why not S3, Azure for storage. I am looking for storing my db backups every day basis.