Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this S.M.A.R.T data OK?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is this S.M.A.R.T data OK?

Hello.

Going to use this server for a backup server for longterm storage, and running some few Hyper-V VMs, no big load on any of them. just got this server, and the numbers is not what I'm used to.

So is this numbers OK, or should I go for another server?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well its quite hard to read with raw values but assuming that 00000000 is actually 0 then yes the drives look fine.

• It' seems like there is two different disks in this server, is it a enterprise disk the first one?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited March 2015

both are fine (for the moment)

but dont expect much. i had one of these (st3000dm001) fail after 8 months

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited March 2015

myhken said: It' seems like there is two different disks in this server, is it a enterprise disk the first one?

the first one is a bog standard disc.

the ST33000650NS is a enterprise disk.

This one: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3tb-seagate-st33000650ns-constellation2-enterprise-24x7-35-hdd-sata-iii-6gb-s-7200rpm-64mb-cache

• The fact the enterprise one only has low hours on, I would guess it replaced an old 3TB standard drive the same as the first one when it failed recently.

It's fine for now, just monitor and log a ticket if you see any failures, I guess your be running Raid1?

• No, not going to run RAID at all. OS + local backup on the first disk.
    Storage + Hyper-V VMs on the second disk.
    Auto export of Hyper-V VMs to the first disk, then they are copied to a second server each nigh. And from that server to my home server a couple of time per week.