Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net SC2 (5.99 eur/mth) is available again!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net SC2 (5.99 eur/mth) is available again!

murataimuratai Member
edited March 2015 in General

I just checked today, they have 41 available (I bought one)
One time 20 euro setup fee, but 200Mbit bw on Gbit port is unbeatable at this price.

Edit: Price is fixed.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

said: Online.net SC2 (4.99 eur/mth) is available again!

It's 5.99 + VAT, not 4.99

• I fixed the price.
    Btw my server is delivered in exactly 7 minutes.

• BlanozBlanoz Member
    edited March 2015

Why buy from online.net when you can get same HDD, CPU twice as powerful (N2800) for the same price with Kimsufi?

PS: nothing against you personally OP, thanks for sharing!

edited March 2015

Blanoz said: Why buy from online.net when you can get same HDD, CPU twice as powerful (N2800) for the same price with Kimsufi?

Kimsufi is only 100 Mbit, whereas at Online.net you get 200, and can burst to much more. Also the support is believed by many to be better at Online.net.

• @rm_ said:
    Kimsufi is only 100 Mbit, whereas at Online.net you get 200, and can burst to much more. Also the support is believed by many to be better at Online.net.

Setup fee is a dampener :(

• Kimsufi is always out of stock. This one is in stock right now.
    I had this server without SSHD drive (just 500gb sata drive) before for 9.99 euros/month and I cancelled it. Now it is even cheaper. 20 euros setup fee is acceptable.

Dedicated server with real 200mbits speed and 500gb storage is a steal at 6 euros/month

• @Blanoz said:
    Why buy from online.net when you can get same HDD, CPU twice as powerful (N2800) for the same price with Kimsufi?

PS: nothing against you personally OP, thanks for sharing!

Kimsufi is always "out of stock", and they reject any orders from China... I'm a Chinese.

Do these Online.net SC2 still have 1TB drive? Hmm.

• Once, in the past, on Black Friday, there was an offer called Dedibox Kidechire. Now that was great; this is... not so great. It is better to get Kimsufi.

• davidavi Member

I still have one Dedibox Kidechire to outsource for rent. If anyone interested PM me.

• Where server colocation is ? :)

• Why get a KS or Online

@mspnick has a £8/mo dedicated with a Atom 230 which beats any VIA crap

edited March 2015

TinyTunnel_Tom said: a Atom 230 which beats any VIA crap

But not the Kimsufi N2800, which is also cheaper. And it's even debatable if it beats the VIA, as Nano has the crypto acceleration useful for SSH/HTTPS/VPN, and the Atom doesn't.

• murataimuratai Member
    edited March 2015

Online.net is 200 Mbits, Kimsufi is 100mbits at best and 8 pound is a lot more expensive than 6 euros. Atom 230 is not faster than Via u2250.

by 8 GBP, I mean this
    "@mspnick has a £8/mo dedicated with a Atom 230 which beats any VIA crap"

I know kimsufi is 1 euro/mth cheaper, but it is always out of stock (so the website says)

• @muratai said:
    Online.net is 200 Mbits, Kimsufi is 100mbits at best and 8 pound is a lot more expensive than 6 euros. Atom 230 is not faster than Via u2250.

by 8 GBP, I mean this
    "@mspnick has a £8/mo dedicated with a Atom 230 which beats any VIA crap"

I know kimsufi is 1 euro/mth cheaper, but it is always out of stock (so the website says)

Atom 230 is dual core and same GHz per core as Via. So it is faster :P

edited March 2015

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Atom 230 is dual core

No it is not, it's a single-core CPU with Hyper-threading. And the 230 model is ancient, one of the first Atoms. It's not entirely certain it will outperform the Nano even having HT (and at single-threaded tasks, most likely not).

• DevilDevil Member
    edited March 2015

rm_ said: Also the support is believed by many to be better at Online.net.

No it's like this:

KS support = 0

Online.net support > 0

So yeah you are right and the difference is that clear :-)

• It's been 18 days and I'm using this 5.99 eur/m box.
    First I tried windows image provided in here, performance is very poor (due to cpu I guess?)

Then I installed centos 7 64bit. Torrent works great with rtorrent + rutorrent. Upload speed is up to 35-40 myte/sec (via torrent or via http download from your own server). Download speed is up to 1gbit (no limits). Although they guarantee 200mbit on 1gbit, you can get much more than 200mbit, which makes it better choice than elusive kimsufi servers with 100mbit only.

I also get better connectivity to online.net here in South East Asia rather than Ovh / Kimsufi.