Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Location, Location, Location - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Location, Location, Location

2»

Comments

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

+1 for Greenland. Somewhere closer to Nuuk.Truly green datacenters :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

+1 North Korea

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • nfnnfn Veteran

Looking for your map, there is a gap in south Europe :), so my vote goes to Portugal. If you need some contacts I can help.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Get a non CC Chicago location.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • LeeLee Veteran

There certainly seems to be an opening in the South American / Africa regions but of course without having to list them all I am sure the issues with those areas are why not.

I still would like Iceland because it's in the EU but "off piste" rather than it being for privacy or freedom of speech.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Lee said: I still would like Iceland because it's in the EU

If you don't know.. EU meant European Union, not a whole Europe, Iceland not a EU member :)

• Iceland is a member of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), a grouping of four non-EU European countries, is also part of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the Schengen Area.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@fitvpn said:

Yes, I did know that, I worded that line incorrectly. Not sure whether I am more disappointed at my own error or that fact it was you that picked me up on it.

Thanked by 2StevenN Pwner
  • Belgium, only a few providers there.
    North Korea, just the best location.
    Rusia, everyone likes a Russian IP as well.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • MrXMrX Member

Atlantis. The Moon.

Hilarious jokes aside, I would be so happy if someone would get something up and running in Cyprus or Malta at a decent price. The EU's newest member - Croatia - is also rather underserved.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2015

dediserve said: Wrong in what way?

It looks like someone guessed where cities were without using a real map for reference. Almost all the markers are at least a bit off, but Chicago is the worst by far: you have it in Canada, about a thousand miles north of where it should be. Buffalo's a good deal east of where it really is.

Here's the two on Google Maps (squished to have the same perspective as your map) -- note that Buffalo is more north than Chicago:

And your map:

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @u137 said:
    Sweden but not Portlane

We have this coming up ;)

Thanked by 2fitvpn HyperSpeed
  • mintmint Member

@fitvpn said:

"Multiple Datacenter Locations" "Select the best location based on latency, or deploy across regions for high availability."

I like how DO's website being copied too much.

• @Jylee said:
    +1 North Korea

I know that there IS a DC in KP... have direct peering to China Unicom.

@fitvpn said:
    +1 for Greenland. Somewhere closer to Nuuk.Truly green datacenters :)

Really? Are there any DCs in GL?

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited March 2015

XIAOSpider97 said: Really? Are there any DCs in GL?

I'm sure Tele Greenland must have one at least.

Edit: they do have one, http://www.datacentermap.com/greenland/nuuk/tele-greenland-nuuk.html

Thanked by 1fitvpn
  • eric1212eric1212 Member
    edited March 2015

Dylan said: It looks like someone guessed where cities were without using a real map for reference

Yes this ^. All your map points are incorrect.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @themt said:
    I like how DO's website being copied too much.

Lol. Our site predates them by quite a bit :)

• Good point on the map tho it's designed to be indicative rather than an actual map. Will get it sorted.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

dediserve said: Iceland is a member of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), a grouping of four non-EU European countries, is also part of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the Schengen Area.

Yep only small thing, they not pay VAT taxes as EU does..and now US :)

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

XIAOSpider97 said: I know that there IS a DC in KP... have direct peering to China Unicom.

I heard that China Unicom builds the datacenter. But I never find one who offer service in North Korea...

• No one does and no one will for a long time, it's clearly a military installation like most things in KP.

• Thanks for all the great suggestions guys (and the tongue in cheek ones)!

We hope to announce some of the suggested locations soon! :)

• LeeLee Veteran

@dediserve - Will close this and you can open another in the future to tell us when Iceland opens up :P

Thanked by 1dediserve
This discussion has been closed.