Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap 1TB Backup Space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap 1TB Backup Space

Hello,

Which would be the cheapest reliable service which allows me to get 1TB Backup Space.

I would prefer a ready-to-use service (i.e. hubiC), but VPS offers would fit as well.

Thank you!

Comments

• cociucociu Member

interesed 1 tb openvz located in Romania ?

• Dropbox, Google Drive, Mega, Hubic, Copy, OneDrive, SugarSync, Box

Pick one :D

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • Amazon Glacier?

• cociu said: interesed 1 tb openvz located in Romania ?

price?

• cociucociu Member

for 1 tb let see ... about 10eur/mo

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • NomadNomad Member

Hubic fits your price range but...
    I wouldn't suggest Hubic.

I installed it on my kimsufi machine and since it always disconnected, I had to restart the process many times manually but it still couldn't upload my 33gb data whereas owncloud and Copy.com synced the same folder a few times. And the speed was real slow as well.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

Nomad said: I installed it on my kimsufi machine

If only there was some tool that would let you bypass the height of insanity of even considering to bother with the "official" client, and instead simply mount the storage space into the filesystem. Perhaps it would work through the FUSE subsystem of the Linux kernel, and then the authors would call it something like "hubicfuse".

Thanked by 1NeoXiD
  • NomadNomad Member

@rm_ said:
    If only there was some tool that would let you bypass the height of insanity of even considering to bother with the "official" client, and instead simply mount the storage space into the filesystem. Perhaps it would work through the FUSE subsystem of the Linux kernel, and then the authors would call it something like "hubicfuse".

Oh I know that. Like many do.
    But why should I go for a third party when they already provide an "official" .deb.
    Maybe to test just how much they care for their own stuff?
    If they don't even care their "official" app release works or not, that says a lot to me.
    Considering HubiC is not a few months old surely their app should've been evolved to something acceptable by now.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Their linux applications are beta (Full of bugs) I use a Windows box with network shares to backup to Hubic. The Windows client in quite nice, better features than dropbox.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • BarisBaris Member

@pbgben said:
    Their linux applications are beta (Full of bugs) I use a Windows box with network shares to backup to Hubic. The Windows client in quite nice, better features than dropbox.

I allready tested the official Linux client, hubicfuse etc. and overall it is not reliable. Does it need any local space with network shares over Windows? If not I might backup my plex stuff to hubic with a windows vps if everything can be managed with remote space resources.