Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody offering lowend VPS for a Low End Price in Asia? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody offering lowend VPS for a Low End Price in Asia?

Comments

• XIAOSpider97 said: Good! PCCW has nearly the best connection to China Mainland.

Only if you pay extra.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • @nexusrain said:
    Is that special going to be available in Austria as well or just SG?

All locations.

• tommytommy Member

Boltersdriveer said: Awesome! Can't wait to try your services ;)

Soon™ since january.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @William said:

My wallet is ready for PCCW.

• XIAOSpider97 said: My wallet is ready for PCCW.

Do not expect too much regrading Chinese abuse.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • @XeepiHosting_Joe said:
    Do not expect too much regrading Chinese abuse.

I'm not an abuser or spammer. But if a low end Asian VPS provider is known by more Chinese, there may be some abusers.

One example is DigitalOcean.

• XIAOSpider97 said: I'm not an abuser or spammer. But if a low end Asian VPS provider is known by more Chinese, there may be some abusers.

One example is DigitalOcean.

Yes Linode as well.

• @XeepiHosting_Joe said:
    Yes Linode as well.

I see many Chinese resell Linode account with $45 credit during Black Friday.

Always can see someone reselling DO's $100, that really made .edu.cn untrustable.

The only thing I can do is not to buy these things. They are really destroying foreigners' impressions to Chinese.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited March 2015

@dediserve said:

So Frankfurt as well? Omg, thats awesome. Will definitly grab one of these.
    (I mean the 2GB special, not the 512MB, already got one of these :) )

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @manlivo said:
    Thank! I will wait SG Location.

Looking forward too and also at JKT too..
    hope the price would be very good one :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Pricing in all locations will be the same as our current price list / locations.

We will not be charging any premium for the Asian or mid-east locations.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2015

Cheapest offer i got was 20$ but IPv6 only, OVZ box in India with 128MB.

• @dediserve said:
    We're already cheaper that DO like for like, our launch will see a 50% for life special, so a 2 Core, 2GB RAM, 30GB SSD VM will be just € 7.47 / US$ 9.34 per month

I'm looking for a low end VPS at a low end price as topic stated. How would it be for 1GB RAM, 10GB SSD? BW about 100GB is already too much for me :)

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Hope open location in indonesia

• Check our offers section for a 1gb special for €5

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

http://vultr.com - Japan any good?

• @hawkjohn7 said: Hope open location in indonesia

Where exactly in Indonesia would you suggest and why?

• @dediserve said: We have a 512MB LET special at the moment, but very small plans are very inefficient on Xen…

Why inefficient?

• Please check out our offer from $6 - www.gigsgigscloud.com

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

gigsgigscloud

What a name, man, what a name...

• tommytommy Member

aglodek said: Why inefficient?

price

• @tommy said: price

Has to be another reason. Price-wise, 2x 128MB VM's go for much more than 1x 256MB VM and so on.

• Very low ram Xen VMs tend to swap (a lot) with inexperienced users, which leads to inadvertent IO abuse.

Thanked by 1aglodek
    edited March 2015

dediserve said: Very low ram Xen VMs tend to swap (a lot) with inexperienced users, which leads to inadvertent IO abuse.

This is LET and 512MB is not "very low RAM". 64-128 MB, yes.

Secondly, are you completely sure this is not your weird "kernel reservation blah blah blah" system's fault, where users on 512MB of RAM only get 340 or so? How about making sure this is turned off by default on plans with 1GB or less.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

@dediserve said: Very low ram Xen VMs tend to swap (a lot) with inexperienced users, which leads to inadvertent IO abuse.

I should think this would be equally true for all types of VM's, but setting up swap should ameliorate the problem, right?

• Having the swap volume is the problem - and why many 'clouds' and vps providers don't provision a Swap as standard

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @rm_ said:
    How about making sure this is turned off by default on plans with 1GB or less.

The hot-add is just a virtio feature of Xen, but yes, we plan to disable it by default on many templates in our next update

dediserve said: The hot-add is just a virtio feature of Xen

Literally no other host has had this problem or "feature" getting in the way of users, not in 5 years or more since LEB exists, the first time people face it is at yours.

• Why would the hot-add of CPU and RAM get 'in the way' of users? Sorry if I am missing your point?

dediserve said: Why would the hot-add of CPU and RAM get 'in the way' of users?

Because as said above nobody will ever use "hot-add of CPU and RAM" on a LEB 512MB special they bought from you, but the first thing everybody sees is that they actually got 340 MB of RAM and not 512.

Thanked by 1vimalware