Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there 'turnkey' or 'hosted whmcs' providers out there?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are there 'turnkey' or 'hosted whmcs' providers out there?

ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
edited March 2015 in General

Just wondering as it crossed my mind that I hate dealing with managing my own WHMCS (installing, updates, security, troubleshooting, etc)... and I would pay monthly for a service to not worry about it.

Has anyone launched something like this? Ever? If so, are they still in biz or did it fail?

:) Thanks

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

If you are seriously going to trust a 3rd party company to manage your WHMCS (even limited) I personally would only give it to steven @ rack911.com

It will cost you a few more than your few dollars though.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BharatB said: Please throw us a mail @ support[at]readydedi.com or with support[at]drserver.net we'll gladly help.

How many WHMCS installs do you host for customers? Because the OP is specifically looking for third party hosted WHMCS.

I'm going to guess...zero? Because it's not mentioned on either web site as a service you provide.

I think if I posted here looking for someone to till my garden you'd chime in on the thread with an offer...

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

@raindog308 said:
    I think if I posted here looking for someone to till my garden you'd chime in on the thread with an offer...

I hate dealing with managing my own WHMCS (installing, updates, security, troubleshooting, etc)... and I would pay a few dollars a month to not worry about it.

We can provide management if he doesn't prefer hosted. Please stop being aggressive towards my replies.

• BharatB said: Please stop being aggressive towards my replies.

He had a valid question.. and to be honest it is rather annoying to see your spam plastered on nearly every post.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BharatB said:
    Please throw us a mail @ support[at]readydedi.com or with support[at]drserver.net we'll gladly help.

That particular post is a little naughty as (intentional or not) it implies that ready dedi is related to Dr Server.

And you know you've always been spammy.

Thanked by 1Gadelhas

Either of us could provide that depends who is willing to take the task. Drserver is no where related to readydedi. Its upto user's preference since I don't have much popularity he might find it un-comfortable where as andrej does have solid infra and reputation to provide the same. I merely provided the user with options.

Anything else you'd like to know ?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

@BharatB said:
    Either of us could provide that depends who is willing to take the task. Drserver is no where related to readydedi. Its upto user's preference since I don't have much popularity he might find it un-comfortable where as andrej does have solid infra and reputation to provide the same. I merely provided the user with options.

Anything else you'd like to know ?

The way you phrased it makes it sound that they are one in the same. I know you own one and work for the other but others don't. Also do you have to required skills to do this sort of thing and are properly insured for the liability it leads to?

@ItsChrisG It's probably better to hire someone directly to manage this. Plenty of qualified sysadmins around :)

Thanked by 1k0nsl

@trewq said:
    The way you phrased it makes it sound that they are one in the same. I know you own one and work for the other but others don't. Also do you have to required skills to do this sort of thing and are properly insured for the liability it leads to?

Yes , and I'm sorry for the mis-interpretation of my reply , I've re-phrased it.

@David_P said:
    He had a valid question.. and to be honest it is rather annoying to see your spam plastered on nearly every post.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you're facing , its a public forum I've got the right to reply and I've answered his question. I wouldn't have replied if I wasn't capable of offering the service.

Thank you.

• We offer this service, and provide it to several of our customers already. Its not "low end" priced though.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

If you pay license price, +$10/mo, you can have hosting and management by me. :)
    If you just need a guy to manage your WHMCS updates, installs(bla bla bla), I am available for $6/mo.

Thanked by 1Gadelhas
  • NdhaNdha Member

@Radi said:
    If you pay license price, +$10/mo, you can have hosting and management by me. :)
    If you just need a guy to manage your WHMCS updates, installs(bla bla bla), I am available for $6/mo.

Nah..+1 for Rad..

Friendly support,plenty of skills,good SysAdmin i known

I trust my data with him..

Thanked by 1Radi
  • I personally would not host with someone who gives their WHMCS access to 3rd parties. You cannot trust anyone these days.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • LeeLee Veteran

@BharatB - I have removed your earlier comment as it does look to me like you are using the @drserver name to your benefit than theirs. Your contributions recently are more often spam than contribution. Need to watch that.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Thank you @Lee for protection. However he did everything in good faith, he is trying to earn some money of his project... @BharatB represents his self on this forum and whatever he says is not related to us in any way.

Thanked by 1Gadelhas
  • LeeLee Veteran

@drserver said:
    Thank you Lee for protection. However he did everything in good faith, he is trying to earn some money of his project... BharatB represents his self on this forum and whatever he says is not related to us in any way.

No worries, it's really about protecting other users more than anything. @BharatB does not from the constant reports and comments I see have the same good standing you have. For him to reference you in the same sentence as his own brands is very misleading to others.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • Lee said: If you are seriously going to trust a 3rd party company to manage your WHMCS (even limited) I personally would only give it to steven @ rack911.com

It will cost you a few more than your few dollars though.

+1 for Steve -- He's trustworthy and definitely knows what he's doing.

@ItsChrisG Probably the simplest way to achieve what you want without breaking the bank is a VM with LAMP + Mod Security + Well configured firewall + Installatron to install & update WHMCS. I'd personally use Debian :-)

Good luck!