Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable SSD KVM VPS in Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable SSD KVM VPS in Germany

nexusrainnexusrain Member
edited February 2015 in Requests

Hi there,
How the title already describes, I'm looking for a cheap (<= 10$) VPS in a German DC with SSD, KVM.
Here are the preferred specs:

2 vCores of a nice CPU (like an E5)

512MB - 1GB RAM

10GB SSD (raid10 would be nice)

500GB traffic @ 1GBit, stable 100MBit would be good as well

KVM

1 IPv4, IPv6 not required

<= 10$

Paid monthly

Linux

Most things are negotiable!

Free trial for a day or some more would be great

Provider must be reliable (means good uptime and support which is helpful, should be around since some time) cauz I'm not able to monitor the server the hole day and manage it myself when it's down or something and write to the support until they even recognize it.

I wanna use it to host my blog. I'm currently with RamNode and pretty satisfied, but due to many of my visitors come from Germany (blog posts are mostly in German as well) and the maybe a bit weak network to US in NL, I would be interested if there's a nice offer in DE as well. :)

Pls don't recommend me Vultr, I tested them some time and.. Well, not bad but there are better ones.

Thanks!

(edit: fixed the formatting, I'm on my phone)

Comments

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited February 2015

https://myvirtualserver.com/ can give you quite cool SSD offers. Just contact their support.
    https://php-friends.de/vserver/vserver-m is fine too but 100MBit/s and SSD-cached only, however quite fast.

Thanked by 1nexusrain
  • +1 for php-friends.de if cached ssd is okay

• @webcraft thanks. Already got a VPS with myVS (the smallest OVZ) but it's quite slow and seems like they got often downtimes due to maintenance. Is the speed of bigger packages good (have you heard good things about them)?
    And @Butters as well: never heard about them before, are they around since some time?

• @nexusrain

I think they exist since 2 or 3 years. They are known in germany, you can find some reviews here look at "Erfahrungsberichte"

Thanked by 1nexusrain
  • @nexusrain said:
    webcraft thanks. Already got a VPS with myVS (the smallest OVZ) but it's quite slow and seems like they got often downtimes due to maintenance. Is the speed of bigger packages good (have you heard good things about them)?

I'm using their new SSD packages you can obtain by creating a ticket. It's new hardware and kind of separated from the old cycle. So far no downtimes and quite speedy. Anyway, you can request such a package and test it for a month. If it doesn't suite your needs, you don't need to renew. It's around 5€/M so no huge lost. Depending on how they go with you, you might get a trial of 24hrs to test the speed.

• Take a look at @colorhost

• @Falco33 said:
    Take a look at colorhost

not SSD

• XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
    edited February 2015

You can simply migrate your RamNode to NL...

• Alright, @webcraft, opened a ticket, let's see :) and @Falco33 Yea, I know ColorHost but how already said - no SSD. But it's pretty important to me for a cheap VPS. If too many users are using a HD you may get just some MB/s I/O which is not satisfactory. My blog is about tech, Linux, servers and so on and if it's load time is above 1s, well..
    @XIAOSpider97 my RamNode VPS's already are in NL but the network to US is a bit low maybe and a lot of visitors are from Germany, so..

• bersybersy Member
    edited February 2015

@nexusrain what about Xen?

• @nexusrain said:
    (...) my RamNode VPS's already are in NL but the network to US is a bit low maybe and a lot of visitors are from Germany, so..

Why do you need fast speed to the US if most visitors come from Germany? They're all using a US based proxy? I doubt. Normally, the origin of the majority of the visitors awards the geo advantage. The others doesn't matter if they're doing just a few percent's.

• u137u137 Member
    edited February 2015

Maybe Hosthatch (but from NL) or Dediserve (but more expensive). Using hh myself for a small Magento shop, stable and good IO. Linode (but XEN) will come to Frankfurt soon, maybe wait for that?

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • trvztrvz Member
    edited February 2015

Did nobody say Vultr yet?

• bersybersy Member
    edited March 2015

u137 said: Maybe Hosthatch (but from NL) or Dediserve (but more expensive). Using hh myself for a small Magento shop, stable and good IO. Linode (but XEN) will come to Frankfurt soon, maybe wait for that?

I have asked about Xen in particular because of Dediserve. They use Xen and have the offer within the budget.

http://dediserve.com/locations

@trvz said:
    Did nobody say Vultr yet?

You have not acquainted yourself with OP's request, have you?

Thanked by 2dediserve nexusrain
  • @bersy Xen would be alright as well, sure.
    @webcraft Some visitors also come from the US (+ for a German DC because of better network to there) and most from DE (another + for DE DC). E. G. Loadtime tested with Pingdom (tools.pingdom.com) from NL is around 900ms. From California 3s. I guess that would be better with a server in DE.
    @u137 I'm currently with RamNode in NL so I don't think it would make a big difference if using RamNode's NW or Serverius. Already had a VPS with hh - was alright, but prefer RN anyways because of their monitoring of all nodes. That shows that they have nothing to hide in things of uptime.
    @bersy again: awesome, thanks for posting that offer!! I didn't see it before! Just ordered and seems really great so far! I guess: "problem" solved so far.