Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell .ovh domains? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sell .ovh domains?

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2015

@Gunter said:
    He wasn't referring to you. List your domains so we can evaluate their worth or just stop with your smug smile.

It's a polite smile.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

There we go, a legitimate .ovh domain in my signature. I ain't scurred, it's a way better TLD than half of this crap coming out now. At least it's not a full dictionary word as a TLD ;)

Thanked by 1MikePT

Hehe, agreed @jar! :))

It's looking great!

• OVH is a valid TLD. Domains with .ovh extension can be sold, if you find the right buyer. The world is a big place and there is always a buyer for anything sold.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Thank you for being reasonable @default :)

• I think ovh is the only TLD that I allow me to get edu dot ovh . I will keep it for a while.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki said: Terribleinvestment.ovh

No such thing in domain business if you know what you're doing. Selling domains aside, you can always develop a successful website no matter how ridiculous the name: www.facebook.com, www.google.com - both very good cases in point, I think ;)

This said, unless I had an OVH-related service or business in mind, or was in need of disposable or test domains, .OVH is the last domain extension I would choose to invest in. But that's just me. Sitting on hundreds of premium .COM's makes for different perspective ;)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I think that .ovh is different from others new domains, if you use it your domain becomes an advertisement for that company, it's like mydomain.cocacola, mydomain.mcdonalds or mydomain.godaddy, I have some because they were free but I don't use them.

• LV426LV426 Member
    edited February 2015

@aglodek said:
    if you know what you're doing. [...] you can always develop a successful website [...] But that's just me. Sitting on hundreds of premium .COM's makes for different perspective ;)

Another perspective: less time spent jerking off in forums about what a domain king you are makes for more time learning not to point your 'Hong Kong International Business Centre' to a 404.

Thanked by 3aglodek Mark_R MikePT
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@LV426 said: Another perspective: less time spent jerking off in forums about what a domain king you are...

Maybe a gentleman at court, but that's still a couple of social classes away from real domain kings out there with tens of thousands of domains. Thanks anyway for reminding me how little I am and how much work remains to be done ;)

...makes for more time learning not to point your 'Hong Kong International Business Centre' to a 404.

Since you pointed this out, I'm compelled to explain: we're moving our company website from a ccTLD (www.businesscentre.hk) to something more "international" (www.hkibc.com), taking this opportunity to do a major upgrade. No real hurry since practically all new clients come by way of references plus still working on our new online marketing system (that involves those hundreds of .COM's, incidentally). Apologies for the lack of respect to LET members and not changing the sig temporarily (fixed now).

Thanked by 1MikePT