Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Germany data centers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Germany data centers

Hello,

what are some good & budget friendly DC's located in Germany that would offer an "excellent" connectivity throughout Europe?

I'm not specifically interested in buying anything as of right now, but I'd like to see what people around here think.

Thank you :)

Comments

• For colocation or rent?

• foettifoetti Member
    edited February 2015

I recommend myLoc in Düsseldorf.

Thanked by 1george
  • I would think that pretty every german colo will meet your latency desires. After all, a massive part of european traffic gets routed through Frankfurt anyway. And as Germany isn't that big a country and has pretty solid backbones and connectivity to AMS and LON no matter whether Munich, Frankfurt, Duesseldorf, Berlin, Hamburg comes down to a difference of just a couple milliseconds.

It would seem though that colo has a strong tendency to be more expensive in Frankfurt, where DeCIX, the planets largest IX, is located. Probably your chances to find high quality colo for attractive prices are better in Munich or Nuernberg.

Thanked by 1george
  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited February 2015

@bsdguy

You can get colocation (Tower/1U) in Frankfurt for 30€, so not that much.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited February 2015

What do you guys think of IP-Projects/Accelerated IT Services?

• george said: What do you guys think of IP-Projects/Accelerated IT Services?

They are good.

Thanked by 1george
  • I have a couple of servers with them, very good so far.

Thanked by 1george
  • ButtersButters Member
    edited February 2015

@foetti said:
    I recommend myLoc in Düsseldorf.

Not really, they have serious speedproblems during peak times.

I can recommend the following:

1. Core-Backbone.com ( 1510 GBit/s network capacity. They can also offer colo at many of their pop's. They where also able to filter an 800 GBit/s DDOS attack without any downtime. )

2. 23media.de

3. Providerservice.com

4. Accelerated ( IP-Projects.de/Netcix.de/Datafabrik.de )

5. First-Colo.de

• Butters said: where also able to filter an 800 GBit/s DDOS attack without any downtime

Not even the CF DDoS where that large, whatever they told you is wrong...

Thanked by 1J1021
  • Slightly above my budget, although I appreciate the feedback!

• Global Switch FFM
    Accelerated FFM
    First Colo FFM
    Interwerk FFM
    Telehouse FFM

MyLoc DUES
    Comtrance DUES
    Level3 DUES

A good way to find one is:
    http://www.webhostlist.de/rz/

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited February 2015

@Serverlux said:

Global Switch FFM

Accelerated FFM

First Colo FFM

Interwerk FFM

Telehouse FFM

MyLoc DUES

Comtrance DUES

Level3 DUES

A good way to find one is:
    http://www.webhostlist.de/rz/

I'd like to go with myLoc/Webtropia, mainly due to their pricing, but the reviews I've read so far are rather negative. I'm looking for a stable network, which is something they seem to struggle with.

IP-Projects/Accelerated on the other hand tends to get pretty good reviews in this regard, but their pricing just doesn't feel right for what they have to offer (in terms of hardware).

First Colo seems rather expensive for my needs, but IIRC 23media.de is behind Global Switch, which might be something worth looking into, thank you.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @george: What pricing are you looking for if FirstColo/Accelerated and Telehouse are too expensive for your needs?

• @Amfy said:
    george: What pricing are you looking for if FirstColo/Accelerated and Telehouse are too expensive for your needs?

I can't really give you an exact number, but I'd like to stay bellow the 70€-ish mark. This is not really the point of this discussion though, I'm just curious what people around here recommend. Thanks!

• Huh? myLoc (and sisters) have GTS and Level3 pipes which is among the best in Europe and globally.

And their dedi shop offers plenty dedis under 70/mo.

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited February 2015

@bsdguy said:
    Huh? myLoc (and sisters) have GTS and Level3 pipes which is among the best in Europe and globally.

And their dedi shop offers plenty dedis under 70/mo.

I don't know, simply just try to lookup myloc/webtropia on this site and you are gonna end up with bunch of negative comments.

It's not just this site a quick Google lookup will show up pretty much the same, but I could be wrong, perhaps the quality of their service improved over the past few years/months.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited February 2015

I didn't have any issues the past year with them. Don't know about long time monitoring, but their services were always up when I wanted to use it.

Thanked by 1george
  • @george no Problem ;) If you need low prices, perhaps Interwerk (active-servers) is something for you / him.

Thanked by 1george