Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Colo - what are your thoughts? RPI £2.50? (for small devices colo) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Colo - what are your thoughts? RPI £2.50? (for small devices colo)

2»

Comments

• So... can you buy RPI and colo for me? I can pay setup fees. You help me to buy in UK and I am the owner. I am the OP that looking for RPI colo and I see that Int'l shipping fees in China is worth half a RPI 2. So expensive.

• @MSPNick - Supply me a RPI, and i may pay a onetime fee for it :-P

• @XIAOSpider97 said:
    So... can you buy RPI and colo for me? I can pay setup fees. You help me to buy in UK and I am the owner. I am the OP that looking for RPI colo and I see that Int'l shipping fees in China is worth half a RPI 2. So expensive.

Yes I can do that. But once you've finished up I'll have to tell you shipping fees back to China.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@MSPNick said: Yes I can do that. But once you've finished up I'll have to tell you shipping fees back to China.

Or you can add an offer to buy the RPI's for at a discounted price and offer to another client. Win-win-win! :)

• @aglodek said:
    Or you can add an offer to buy the RPI's for at a discounted price and offer to another client. Win-win-win! :)

Or donate them to a local school/computer club if they're fully paid for and still in working order.

That would actually be a pretty cool promo, for x amount of pi's rented/colocated, one is donated to a local school.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @MSPNick said:
    Yes I can do that. But once you've finished up I'll have to tell you shipping fees back to China.

That's OK, ship to China is much easier than ship from China. Tell me the price.

On RS-Online, a RPI 2 is 230 CNY. I don't know the price in EU.

But I see that in this way I have to pay for the RPI's VAT indirectly.

• For your question, RPI is £24.90 on RPI EU.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processor-microcontroller-development-kits/832-6274/

The VAT is £4.98.

So £30/unit pretty much

• @MSPNick said:
    So £30/unit pretty much

Any equipments (except SD card) needed?

Also tell me the price of bitg 8/16GB SD card, I think it will include VAT...

So I need to pay VAT for hardwares (because the buyer is in EU) and don't need to pay VAT for colo fees.

I'm ready to pay anytime.

• @MSPNick said:
    Check this, 32GB for £13.. You can't beat that.

So total is 41.88 GBP and I will pre-pay 1 month colo fee, the GRAND TOTAL is 44.38 GBP.

Give me a link to order.

Chinese like to pay for bills on the 1st or every month... the prepaid colo fee is for March.

• I guess we can attach an external USB HDD to the RPI and colo it to use it as a storage server or maybe add two drives for redundancy ?
    Sorry if its a silly idea, just asking. Total noob when it comes to RPI.

• @gurugrv said:
    I guess we can attach an external USB HDD to the RPI and colo it to use it as a storage server or maybe add two drives for redundancy ?

There is the issue of power also, test it first!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @gurugrv said:
    I guess we can attach an external USB HDD to the RPI and colo it to use it as a storage server or maybe add two drives for redundancy ?

At that point you'll probably get more bang for the buck with a different solution.

• @gurugrv said:

Well. Why not just get one of my £8/mo atoms and add 1tb drive to it?

I'll pm you in a little while. My sons 1st today! Not being slack or anything!

• @MSPNick said:

Well. Why not just get one of my £8/mo atoms and add 1tb drive to it?

Well, I'll never own your atom lol..

• @jemaltz said:
    At that point you'll probably get more bang for the buck with a different solution.

Different solution like ?

• @MSPNick said:

I'll pm you in a little while. My sons 1st today! Not being slack or anything!

As a juvenile who is 3 months to 18, I can understand your fathers.

NP, I am online at any time.

• @gurugrv said:
    Well, I'll never own your atom lol..

You'll own the hard drive. Nothing else.

• TarZZ92 said: mymemory

I agree the pricing is great however I still find it hard to trust them after they lost two cards I paid for and refused a refund and blamed royal mail, once sure, twice meh.

• wych said: I agree the pricing is great however I still find it hard to trust them after they lost two cards I paid for and refused a refund and blamed royal mail, once sure, twice meh.

i find they are usually good for that sorta stuff, especially when you buy via ebay as the star system applies and can hurt a seller a lot.

• jemaltzjemaltz Member
    edited February 2015

@gurugrv said:
    Different solution like ?

Cheap dedicated server?

There are frequently threads about storage options..

• @jemaltz said:
    There are frequently threads about storage options..

Exactly, they're is a ton of providers that'll do cheap ass offers such as @nexhost

Thanked by 1jemaltz
  • @gurugrv said:

Mac 4 MB/s on rpi 2 with usb drive and ethernet...

• @MSPNick

Sorry to revive an old thread but what would the new rasperberry pi 2 (quad core) cost per month, I am happy to ship to you.

JustJon

• @JustJon said:
    MSPNick

Sorry to revive an old thread but what would the new rasperberry pi 2 (quad core) cost per month, I am happy to ship to you.

JustJon

£2.50 :-)

• Thats great, i am not entirely sure of your setup but do you prefer the Pi's in cases or just bare, do i need to send power cable or just the pi and sd card? also would there be any additional charge for an attached usb memory stick?

Thanks for getting back to me,

JustJon

• @JustJon said:
    Thats great, i am not entirely sure of your setup but do you prefer the Pi's in cases or just bare, do i need to send power cable or just the pi and sd card? also would there be any additional charge for an attached usb memory stick?

Thanks for getting back to me,

JustJon

Power cable and case would be nice yup!

• Where to sign up?