Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Dime or Vultr? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Dime or Vultr?

2»

Comments

• mavrickmavrick Member
    edited February 2015

I've been with VPSDIMEfor the last year and a bit, until today I would have had no issues recommending them to anyone that asked me for a quality UK VPS host.

Unfortunately they failed a very fundamental billing task ( other hosting companies have never come across this issue or if they have, they corrected it ) but VPSDIME don't seem to be very concerned about it even after I raised the issue. I spoke to them via tickets all day but because of this error they terminated my services and as a result of that I lost all the server data ( no need to worry, personal daily backups to the rescue! )

I have always been a fan of this company and their excellent services however due to this I have moved to a more reliable host ( I've questioned their billing dept about the specific issue and they replied with "I don't see how this could have been so much of an issue with your previous host as this was something we implimented from day one of operations"
    Not trying to flame or discredit VPSDIME but I just wanted people to be very aware that their billing methods might not be what you expect and to ask them explicitly before assuming it will be like the industry standard.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited February 2015

@mavrick said:
    I've been with VPSDIMEfor the last year and a bit, until today I would have had no issues recommending them to anyone that asked me for a quality UK VPS host.

Unfortunately they failed a very fundamental billing task ( other hosting companies have never come across this issue or if they have, they corrected it ) but VPSDIME don't seem to be very concerned about it even after I raised the issue. I spoke to them via tickets all day but because of this error they terminated my services and as a result of that I lost all the server data ( no need to worry, personal daily backups to the rescue! )

I have always been a fan of this company and their excellent services however due to this I have moved to a more reliable host ( I've questioned their billing dept about the specific issue and they replied with "I don't see how this could have been so much of an issue with your previous host as this was something we implimented from day one of operations"
    Not trying to flame or discredit VPSDIME but I just wanted people to be very aware that their billing methods might not be what you expect and to ask them explicitly before assuming it will be like the industry standard.

As explained on the ticket, we have simply used the billing system's feature to extend the service date:

You have asked for that date and it has been chosen. The cronjob has run at 00:00 on 25th and has terminated your VPS. We do not process the terminations manually. Everything has to be automated due to the amount of tasks we handle day by day. So, it was nothing personal.

We, of course, wanted to keep you as a client. It was an unfortunate issue. It has been brought to my attention and from now on, we are going to add another day of extension on top of the desired date.

Again, I'm very sorry.

• @serverian
    Thank you for addressing this, as I said I was more than happy up until this issue and I'm glad to see the process has been updated to be more customer friendly. I wish you and VPSDIME all the best of luck in the future :)

• @mavrick said:
    serverian
    Thank you for addressing this, as I said I was more than happy up until this issue and I'm glad to see the process has been updated to be more customer friendly. I wish you and VPSDIME all the best of luck in the future :)

I don't get it? You didn't pay your invoice and you got terminated? That's normal practice.

• mavrickmavrick Member
    edited February 2015

@ATHK said:
    I don't get it? You didn't pay your invoice and you got terminated? That's normal practice.

The issue wasn't that I got terminated due to non-payment, the issue was I alerted their billing dept. that I would be able to make a payment on a certain date and instead of marking it for termination on 23:59 ( end of day ) they set it to 00:00 that day which left me no window to pay for the suspended services. As mentioned above they have identified this as a current issue and have amended the process.

• @mavrick said:
    The issue wasn't that I got terminated due to non-payment, the issue was I alerted their billing dept. that I would be able to make a payment on a certain date and instead of marking it for termination on 23:59 ( end of day ) they set it to 00:00 that day which left me no window to pay for the suspended services. As mentioned above they have identified this as a current issue and have amended the process.

Ahhhhh got you.

• @ATHK said:
    Ahhhhh got you.

Yeah that was the issue, again, not trying to bad mouth the company or anything like that, I just saw an issue with their billing process that they have now modified to fit the standard model.

• My vote goes for vultr service.

• +1 for VPSdime.

• @serverian back :D

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • heihachi88heihachi88 Member
    edited February 2015

6 VPS's in vultr, no issues so far. Though their stock in Frankfurt is very low all the time.

• Between those two, i would go for VPSdime. However, if i really want KVM (without the needs of hourly billing), i will go for ramnode.