Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving up on my personal VPN service via VPS, now about to subscribe to an actual VPN service.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Giving up on my personal VPN service via VPS, now about to subscribe to an actual VPN service.

AdventureTimeAdventureTime Member
edited February 2015 in Help

Hi,

I am reading lots of reviews from these sites (bestvpn.com, fipe.net and vpnreviewer.com) and I am thinking of getting an account from the following: (PureVPN, StrongVPN, ExpressVPN, VyprVPN and Private Internet Access VPN). I used to be a LiquidVPN customer but right now they actually blocked the static IP that was given by my ISP recently and I have no idea why. They said there is a problem with it.

Going back, hopefully multiple simultaneous logins are allowed and of course a coupon or a few coupons would be great :)

Thanks.

Comments

• krs360krs360 Member
    edited February 2015

I've used PIA for over a year, good price for annual payment and I think it allows 3 connections at any one time.

• Used Astrill.com for over two years now, never any issues at all, good speed to any important location. Can really recommend them.

• If I may, would you mind telling us why do you give up being your own VPN provider?

• @Nomad said:
    If I may, would you mind telling us why do you give up being your own VPN provider?

Sure, it is because of this http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/44652/random-google-regional-websites-redirection-and-weird-vps-issue#latest

• And who says that will not happen with those services?
    Basically they're the same thing with a brand on it and maybe an app with their name on it.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@AdventureTime it's even more likely to happen when you're using a VPN service with a shared IP.

• RamNode provides dedicated IPs @KuJoe

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@AdventureTime said:
    RamNode provides dedicated IPs KuJoe

Correct, imagine when you start using shared IPs with a VPN service? Imagine how many people around the world are sharing your IP and Google has to pick one location to lock Google.com to.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited February 2015

@AdventureTime, just use http://www.google.com/ncr that's your best way out.

On each browser you need to enter that site once. Once you get the cookie you're safe till your next browser cleanup.

• +1for Astrill.

• @KuJoe said:

That is why I am using a VPS. They provide dedicated IPs. Although there are VPS services out there that shares a specific IP and just simply open up a range of ports.

@Nomad said:
    AdventureTime, just use http://www.google.com/ncr that's your best way out.

On each browser you need to enter that site once. Once you get the cookie you're safe till your next browser cleanup.

Thanks for the tip. The problem is, some sites detects the IP as if it is in Hongkong or Mexico.

• Check cyberghost.

• @8bit said:
    Check cyberghost.

I did. It is expensive. Plus, they only allow a single connection.

• @AdventureTime said:
    I did. It is expensive. Plus, they only allow a single connection.

Well, they run promotions time to time. Or you may get a VPS and setup your own VPN ?

• edited February 2015

Btw, if you are fine with a shared IP, nanovz Lenoir (dacentec) does not have this issue.

• @8bit said:
    Well, they run promotions time to time. Or you may get a VPS and setup your own VPN ?

That is what I did that's why I posted this thread.

• CactusVPN is good, check them out.

• @Nomad said:
    AdventureTime, just use http://www.google.com/ncr that's your best way out.

That's what I did when I noticed I was getting redirected to the Hong Kong site on my VPN. I've had no issues since.

• I am thinking of getting a DDoS protected IP from RamNode to use as a personal VPN but the problem is, I don't know how to configure that IP to be mainly used as the vpn IP.

• What will be the use of vpn? Personal use or proffesional? Security issues or watching shows on US/UK/foreign tv? If it is not extremely critical and with need of a standard dedicated ip, I would suggest to test various cheap vps's near the location you want to access thru. (Living in Greece) I have used HttpZoom small 128MB Ram box with 1TB bandwidth to watch BBC/ITV/Channel4, an InceptionHosting, a XVMLabs, a XFuseSolutions and a GVH (Yeah, a GVH) vps (all of them small, from 96 to 128 MB Ram) to watch US Tv and Netflix, all of them without a single problem. And an IWStack instance for browsing the net. Neger got a single problem, all the vpn lead google to open in local language (the US vps as US, the Italian as Italy etc.). When I noticed slow speed, just used an other small box.
    In this scenario, all the ip's were clean and were been used only by me.
    If you chose a shared vpn service, it is almost sure that you soon find that this ip is blocked at least for copyright protected content.

E.G. I am using either openvpn or squid.