Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have a Dacentec server that they don't need? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have a Dacentec server that they don't need?

2»

Comments

• @qps said:
    We can do a Dual L5420 with 2x1TB in LA for $39 (but the servers won't be there until Wednesday).

How can i order this server deal?

• @camjac251 said:
    So with 4x1TB what raid options would I have and how much usable space?

Raise them a sales ticket rather than posting here... at a guess 0/1/5/10.

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/08/raid-levels-tutorial/

http://www.ibeast.com/content/tools/raidcalc/raidcalc.asp

• @TarZZ92 said:

Well that's the thing though, I could either pay $40 $50 for 2TB or 4TB ded or get a vps and online storage and mount the storage to the vps for plex. But what sort of speed reduction would it cost be, having virtual storage vs actual drives locally.

• with expandrive or sshfs you can see anything between 20MB-60MB possibly more.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    with expandrive or sshfs you can see anything between 20MB-60MB possibly more.

But with a local drive I would have 80-120MB or even more right?

• camjac251 said: But with a local drive I would have 80-120MB or even more right?

true. but you aint going to be using that speed constantly.

• @TarZZ92 said:

Yeah but I want to run linux, expandrive isn't for linux

• camjac251 said: Yeah but I want to run linux, expandrive isn't for linux

then sshfs it is! or even FTPFS

• @TarZZ92 said:

So that would be better than going the local raid route? Aren't providers slow?

• camjac251 said: So that would be better than going the local raid route? Aren't providers slow?

as long as you set it up right its not really a problem. local is better imo.

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

@TarZZ92 said:
    local is better imo.

+1, saves your bandwidth.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

AutoSnipe said: Same IP Pricing as ATL? with that LA Server?

Yes, our standard IP address pricing applies. No other promotions can be used on the system though.

camjac251 said: So with 4x1TB what raid options would I have and how much usable space?

You could use software RAID 10, which would give you 2TB of usable space. The OS you select would have to support software RAID.

robohost said: How can i order this server deal?

PM me and I will give you the link on Wednesday when the servers arrive.

mikeyur said: Could I hassle you for a test IP & file in LA?

Test IP and test file won't be available until after Wednesday, as we are in the process of migrating our gear from Las Vegas to LA. Please PM me and I'll send it to you after we get everything setup in LA.

Thanks.

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited February 2015

@qps said:
    If you are ok with 4x1TB drives, we will do it for $39.

How would I order this?

edited February 2015

camjac251 said: How would I order this?

Link is below (quoted from my previous response).

qps said: Order it here with one drive and then open a ticket referencing this thread and I'll change the config. We only have a few of these servers in stock. I'll put a limit of 6 on this offer, once 6 have been ordered it is over. Only for new customers or existing customers adding additional servers.

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited February 2015

@qps said:

Would it be setup today? It says Atlanta, could I get a test file to see how the peering goes? Need a location that has a good connection to my home ISP.

edited February 2015

camjac251 said: Would it be setup today? It says Atlanta, could I get a test file to see how the peering goes? Need a location that has a good connection to my home ISP.

It depends on when you order. If you order pretty soon, yes, it would be setup today.

Yes, this system is in Atlanta, as we stated earlier in the thread. If you were willing to take Dacentec, the latency on this should be better as Dacentec routes most of their traffic through Atlanta, but they are around 10 ms away since they are located in North Carolina.

PM me for a test IP / test file.

Thanks

• @qps said:

I ordered and sent a support ticket

camjac251 said: I ordered and sent a support ticket

Thanks, we look forward to working with you.