Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

multiple ip proxy problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

multiple ip proxy problem

kristalkristal Banned
edited October 2011 in Help

hi, so i got a vps with 2 ips, yet everywhere i connect to using those 2 ips, it detects me as the same machine. why? how to fix?

im simply tunneling x2: ssh -f -N -D "IP1:PORT1" localhost / ssh -f -N -D "IP2:PORT2" localhost

example: limit of connections from 1 ip is 4, so if i got 2 ips i should be able to make 8 connections, however it does not let me, seeing it as the same machine. why is that? does this have something to do with transparency?

theres no point of having 2 ips if i cant separate them, please advise
thank u

Comments

• what exactly is "it" and how do you define "it"?
    is it flash? flash doesn't obey socks proxy rules from the browser.
    is it java? same.
    is it silverlight? same.
    is it a downloaded application? it can be doing hardware identification or punching out it's own connection..

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited October 2011

it seems it is a not so common problem that noone knows answer to. after googling it i found many unanswered posts. need a real pro on this, is there any? ;-)

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited October 2011

i repeat its a miracle - no answer in google, help?

• I think the main problem is no one is understanding what you are trying to accomplish. I understand the need for privacy but if you need help we need details. What I think you are trying to accomplish is having two different ips on the same machine but having them seen as different machines is this correct?

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited October 2011

i have a vps with 2 ip's. i need to make 2 different proxies using those 2 different ip's, so that when im using those proxies it shows 2 different ip addresses and not only one.

two separate outgoing connections...

nevermind

• Well if you don't want my help then I guess can't help you. I was just trying to get a handle on what you were trying to do was all. Now that I understand that I know it can be accomplished and yes there are ways to do this precise thing.

• i do need help with this, but after many hours of googling i sort of gave up, but please be my savior :-)

• is your vps a kvm / xen or openvz ?

• openvz

• One last question from me and we will see if we can get you going. What proxy type? eg. foxyproxy etc......

• So these proxies are being use for browsing only or you are using it for ssh as well? What proxy server u using? Squid ?

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited October 2011

i wish there was simple n easy way and i was hoping for it to work thru a normal ssh tunnel command and maybe some iptables stuff..

ssh -f -N -D IP:PORT localhost

unfortunately it seems not possible...?

ive been trying hpsockd and dante, i was unable to get them running, foxyproxy ill try now

ultimately i could settle for squid but id rly prefer sock,

thanx

• Erm what i still dont get is that you are using this IP for browsing ?

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited October 2011

not for browsing, but my client supports http proxies too, however not with full functionality, thats why i would prefer socks...

• can you not just run http://monkey.org/~marius/pages/?page=nylon or something

• @justinb: lovely, thank u

• haha =) cool @justinb ... see finally someones know what you wanted to do =P