Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I renew my VPS plan with INIZ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Should I renew my VPS plan with INIZ?

I have the INIZ VPS, which I am paying $26 annually. I don't know if I should keep it, considering the company ownership change. I have not faced any problems during my last 9 months hosting with them, participatory I am happy about their up-time.

Disk Space 50 GB
Bandwidth 1000 GB
Memory 1 GB
VSwap 512 MB

Comments

• If it works keep it, not a bad deal.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • You've got 3 months to run on the plan by the sound of it, so why not ask yourself this question in 2 months time, when you've seen a how the new owners run thing for another couple of month?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

if you are happy with it, why not continue your happines

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

It does raise questions though. Patrick has stepped back, he provided confirmation that nothing is changing but let's be fair, INIZ owes it's success in no small part to LET/LEB

The new owner has registered here, not seen him post anything. In fact I remember approving his account. His note said "Patrick told me to register", seems a bit sheepish.

Whilst Patrick is trustworthy and reliable it does not change the fact he does not own INIZ any more.

It would good manners if nothing else for the new owner to step forward and give some assurances which will in turn stop people asking the question of whether to stay in threads like this.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If you have no issues with it and you "need" it, keep it.
    Even if the ownership has changed there has been plenty of time to "fuck things up".
    Do you expect this to change? Then don't renew it.

• Usually service will switch automatically to new owner. And usually there will be no change in price.
    If there is a change and you have no problems that why not go ahead ?

• @~Lee~ said:
    It does raise questions though. Patrick has stepped back, he provided confirmation that nothing is changing but let's be fair, INIZ owes it's success in no small part to LET/LEB

The new owner has registered here, not seen him post anything. In fact I remember approving his account. His note said "Patrick told me to register", seems a bit sheepish.

Whilst Patrick is trustworthy and reliable it does not change the fact he does not own INIZ any more.

It would good manners if nothing else for the new owner to step forward and give some assurances which will in turn stop people asking the question of whether to stay in threads like this.

I do not think that it is fair to expect that the new owner is going to be like Patrick in how things are being approached, i imagine that both have their own vision of how to run INIZ - If the new owner decides to not participate in LET then thats fine aslong he atleast keeps the service running like it should be.

• LeeLee Veteran

Mark_R said: If the new owner decides to not participate in LET then thats fine aslong he atleast keeps the service running like it should be.

Indeed and that is his choice, I am only suggesting it as a courtesy given the support the brand has received from people here in the past.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • There was an emotional bounding

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Just don't ever pay yearly, unless it's $15 or less (and even then).

Let's see

said: $26 annually.

...is about $2.16/month for your

said: Disk Space 50 GB Bandwidth 1000 GB Memory 1 GB VSwap 512 MB

Right now you can get a RunAbove VPS at $2.50/month https://www.runabove.com/instances/sandbox.xml
    Not only it will have 2x RAM, it's also KVM and not OpenVZ; and do you really use the 50GB disk space?
    The best part, no lock-in, don't like it -- cancel next month.

There is no reason whatsoever to pay yearly. That way lies only grief, trouble and lost money.
    Especially in a fast-changing market like this one, and with small-time one man show providers.

Thanked by 2trvz smartcard
  • Sometimes, when it use as a production server, i won't host it through runabove, they blocked port 25 and no ptr / rdns enabled. Sometimes i love runabove so much, i need it but i hate it too

• @Jazzy8999 said:
    Sometimes, when it use as a production server, i won't host it through runabove, they blocked port 25 and no ptr / rdns enabled. Sometimes i love runabove so much, i need it but i hate it too

That's basically all of OVH.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

trvz said: That's basically all of OVH.

Not sure what you mean, outgoing SMTP and PTR do work on OVH's VPS Classic, not to mention dedis. At RunAbove perhaps they still haven't figured spam filtering yet. One more thing to mention here, RA has no IPv6, but that also means if you run an IPv6 tunnel, you can use outgoing SMTP over IPv6.

• @rm_ said:
    Not sure what you mean, outgoing SMTP and PTR do work on OVH's VPS Classic, not to mention dedis. At RunAbove perhaps they still haven't figured spam filtering yet. One more thing to mention here, RA has no IPv6, but that also means if you run an IPv6 tunnel, you can use outgoing SMTP over IPv6.

Useless without ptr / rdns enabled, hotmail yahoo will put your mail into spam folder. Actually it was easy since we can setup a SMTP relay. Just my personal opinion.