Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kernel Problems?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kernel Problems?

DanielMDanielM Member
edited August 2012 in General

Okay right. I started a "Cloud" Server earlier today and received this error... Anyone know how to fix?

Comments

• is this on a dedi or VPS?

What happens if you pass noapic on the grub kernel line on boot?

• a VPS. a KVM VPS

And ive tried that. But for some reason its getting reset on boot.(Reset to its default)

• Is it via SolusVM, they have an option to disable/enable APIC/APIC/PAE

• Nah. its a Custom panel With these guys http://infiniserv.com/

• Hmm, well noapic should enable it to boot, but you say it's not, does it panic at the same stage.

• Yep it's the same all the time :( What i dont understand tho. when i try to change a setting it automatically reverts back..

• Do you get grub menu / prompt before booting? If yes, you can edit the kernel boot parameters there.

• @DanielM You got the 25 gbp credit? :P

• @joodle said: @DanielM You got the 25 gbp credit? :P

No i got the £50 when i signed up. Paying around £8 a month now.

• Add noapic in grub.conf?

• @DanielM said: No i got the £50 when i signed up. Paying around £8 a month now.

Ah

But for some reason i can't even get a vps to start there lol

• @joodle said: But for some reason i can't even get a vps to start there lol

Yeh i had that problem/ You just need to keep trying, it finally works but needs time. lol

@Kenshin

Read what i said above. Settings get reset on boot. for some strange reason.

• Does the grub.conf's modified date/time change after a reboot? Something's probably overwriting it but if it's KVM it shouldn't be the host server, so highest possibility would be a script of sorts or Linux kernel itself.

Try a chattr +i on grub.conf?