Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MySQL databases, phpMyAdmin, exporting and importing = CORRUPTED :( - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MySQL databases, phpMyAdmin, exporting and importing = CORRUPTED :(

2»

Comments

• On current server:
    mysqldump -u root -p dbname > dbname_backup.sql

On destination server:
    Install packages (web server, mysql, php,..)

mysqladmin -p create dbname

mysql -u root -p dbname < dbname_backup.sql

Copy all web server (apache, nginx,..) config files and website files from the old server. Restart web server. Done. :) You can even make small bash scripts (<20 lines) for "1 click" backup installers.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

At this stage I'm willing to chime in the chorus of people suggesting you to hire a sysadmin or atleast someone to do the moving of files/databases.

The advantage with VestaCP (and probably zPanel) is that when you have everything running its easy to make a full backup of the site/db/mail/everything and restore it on another VestaCP server.

• I am willing to learn, that is why I am asking you guys. I've learned the basic fundamentals of linux just by exploring things as well as reading a few articles.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

If you're looking for something to dump and auto-backup via SCP, try out https://github.com/arjitc/dumpsql, you could run it via cron every day to auto-backup as well onto a remote host

• Easy backup using 'raw backup' method where copy database directory between 2 servers. Sadly, only work under myisam storage-engine (not work for innodb).

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AdventureTime said:
    I am willing to learn, that is why I am asking you guys. I've learned the basic fundamentals of linux just by exploring things as well as reading a few articles.

To learn you must understand the consequences of your actions, not following a few pasted commands that accidently makes it work for you.

Your situation makes my think of this meme:

• @mikho said:

EXACTLY :) But I am trying to.

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    Easy backup using 'raw backup' method where copy database directory between 2 servers. Sadly, only work under myisam storage-engine (not work for innodb).

I agree. Most are under innodb. How can I make it work?