Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Mail Servers: A brief review of 4 free mail servers you can install on a VPS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Mail Servers: A brief review of 4 free mail servers you can install on a VPS

13»

Comments

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Hey guys, a new version of Axigen shows a very nice new loof of the webmail + offer:

https://www.axigen.com/release-ix/free.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=release-axigen-iX-free-201506

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

KeyJey said: new version of Axigen

Wow that looks WAY better.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

They increased the PREMIUM users from 5 to 1, but no basic users. I guess before u got 100 basic users, right ?

• gonggogonggo Member

My previous office was Zimbra partner, I don't have experience with less than 8GB RAM except for development purpose.

Tried Axigen but I end up using Kolab. New Axigen look nice tho'

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Seems that table is cutted by the frame on the right.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Rather use mxRoute and pay $5 a year and lighten the load off my server than read this topic.

Thanked by 2jar michaelphan
  • gonggogonggo Member

@KeyJey said:
    Seems that table is cutted by the frame on the right.

Copied to a spreadsheet

http://i.imgur.com/biEWlPI.png

• No word on security, eh?

Mail-in-a-box offers decent security features on the transport side (still, best effort, due to protocol limitations, not their fault).
    There is no support for PGP or S/MIME in the web interface as far as I know, but very few (if any?) web interfaces support these features.
    There is no support for encryption of the datastore (but you can set it up on your own).
    Also, no support for two factor authentication (I think it can be added using plugins).

Overall, I think mail-in-a-box provides better peace of mind than "email as a service" solutions, especially if you install it on a hardware you control, but there is still lots of room for improvement.

• NavynNavyn Member

Is their any open source webmail which have great searching feature ?

• anything with CentOS 7? It's been awhile people sticking around Ubuntu... Wonder is that good?

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

@gonggo a little difficult to analyze that table ... anyway, u tested most of those mail systems ? what are your conclusions about it ?

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

@lifehome I'm not sure what you mean. If u ask about installing Axigen under CentOS, it's an easy 5 minutes task, as I said previously in this post !

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

gonggo said: My previous office was Zimbra partner, I don't have experience with less than 8GB RAM except for development purpose.

I have one Axigen running with 20 users in a 512MB RAM box without any problem ;)

• @KeyJey said:
    lifehome I'm not sure what you mean. If u ask about installing Axigen under CentOS, it's an easy 5 minutes task, as I said previously in this post !

It's now free for 10 users, instead of 100... So I guess it's not something good on OSS projects.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Totally agree.

• Axigen will be changing soon. There will be only 10 premium users and no regular users once your existing license is up for renewal it seems.

Free Mail Server - Licensing changes

Now includes 10 Premium users instead of 5
    No basic users included
    10 Domains
    Please note that, in case you've been using basic users based on the free legacy license, renewing the free license will result in a licensing conflict! To keep your existing basic users, we recommend that you upgrade to Business Messaging 15.

Either way, Axigen is real good. If you want something that runs on Windows, SmarterMail is very legit. I'm a SmarterTools partner and I've been testing it out a lot lately and it's really good.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

I sent them an email asking if my next free renewal would break my 20 free users and they said that yes, I will have to pay for them to keep the Axigen server UP.

Thanked by 1pepa65