Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Justify a Rule?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Justify a Rule?

BOXCWebsitesBOXCWebsites Member
edited February 2015 in General

May anyone be willing to justify this rule for me?

Shared and reseller offers are only allowed if you have an active VPS offering and have published or are publishing these offers in this website!

EDIT: I just realized a posted this in the wrong category, can the moderators please move this to the right one? I can't seem to be able to!

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Avoid people who only post offers and don't participate in LET community.

• @perennate said:
    Avoid people who only post offers and don't participate in LET community.

That actually made no sense to what the rule says! XD Mind telling me what it means by "ACTIVE VPS OFFERING," ?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

makanenzo10 said: That actually made no sense to what the rule says! XD Mind telling me what it means by "ACTIVE VPS OFFERING," ?

LET maybe is somewhat about running things on low end servers like small virtual private servers. Not really about web hosting at all. So web hosting doesn't make sense in the first place, but the rule prevents too many people just posting web hosting offers that no one cares about.

Personally I think deleting all the offers sections is good idea, but whatever.

• BOXCWebsitesBOXCWebsites Member
    edited February 2015

@perennate said:
    Personally I think deleting all the offers sections is good idea, but whatever.

Strange. My offer clearly had VPS listing and pricing but then got taken off? I am confused. But then the advertising section is a good place to express something and maybe people like me and you can find something that is cheaper and possibly better than the old one that we use or want, don't you agree?

• You need to have two separate listings in the correct categories, that is my understanding of that rule..

• Aha. I think I maybe understanding now!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If I remember correct your offer was removed because you didn't have 5 posts before posting an offer.
    You also posted VPS offers in the wrong category.

Read up on the rules, ask question if something is unclear, then post an offer.

• @mikho said:
    If I remember correct your offer was removed because you didn't have 5 posts before posting an offer.
    You also posted VPS offers in the wrong category.

Read up on the rules, ask question if something is unclear, then post an offer.

Looks like all his posts since are promoting his own company or in this thread. Clearly a community minded individual :-p

• This business is old. Since last July!

• @doughmanes said:
    This business is old. Since last July!

In all fairness, that ain't bad by LE* standards.

Thanked by 3doughmanes FrankZ Pwner
  • Just to let you guys know, this guy is basically Luis.

• @Nekki said:
    In all fairness, that ain't bad by LE* standards.

Guess I work for some old fogies then.

• Guys, come on. Be bit nicer, get some positive attitude in yourself. So what if I advertise? I want to grow my business. People ask for something I give them some recommendations. If I am bothering you, please let me know.

@makanenzo10 said:
    Guys, come on. Be bit nicer, get some positive attitude in yourself. So what if I advertise? I want to grow my business. People ask for something I give them some recommendations. If I am bothering you, please let me know.

You come to us on our playground means you play by the rules in this community.
    If thats to hard for you to do, feel free to "grow your business elsewhere".
    If you can read/understand the rules and follow then you are more then welcome here and then you can advertize.

Thanked by 3jar 0xdragon Mark_R
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@mikho said:
    If you can read/understand the rules and follow then you are more then welcome here and then you can advertize.

This. This style of forum is easily ruined if people are allowed to just drop in, advertise, and drop out. It would drown out conversation. Forum style is an important detail.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @Jar said:
    This. This style of forum is easily ruined if people are allowed to just drop in, advertise, and drop out. It would drown out conversation. Forum style is an important detail.

Key words being: "If you can read/understand the rules"

• @mikho said:

I never said it was hard? I just said I didn't know what it meant, Simple. Anyways I guess I will stay on this forum and just chat (advertise a bit too to answer people!) then I will post my ad. Anyways you are free to close this now as I need no more replies ;)

Grammer Nazi: It's more than welcome, not more then. Just keep it in mind xD

@makanenzo10 said:
    I never said it was hard? I just said I didn't know what it meant, Simple

Then I and the rest of the Staff is just a PM away. Hell, I'll even accept a new thread if you have any questions.

@makanenzo10 said:
    Grammer Nazi: It's more than welcome, not more then. Just keep it in mind xD

Moderator Nazi: now that issues a warning for you, mate. Pulling the grammer nazi card on me who has English as second language and browse LET on the phone!?!?!

Naah, just kidding. Its ok, I do that kind of mistakes all the time. Enjoy your stay.

• @mikho said:
    Naah, just kidding. Its ok, I do that kind of mistakes all the time. Enjoy your stay.

lol. Thanks for being so nice ;)

Grammer Nazi 2.0: It is not its okay. It's it's. XD

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@makanenzo10 said:
    Grammer Nazi 2.0: It is not its okay. It's it's. XD

Duz thees mak u madd?

Thanked by 3mikho Pwner TriDoxiuM
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

makanenzo10 said: So what if I advertise? I want to grow my business.

Do realize that that is your problem, not that of LET (or any other forum). You are in no way entitled to advertisement on a third-party site, if you fail to follow the rules.

Thanked by 1PortCTL
  • Are you 2 still talking? I have stated the problem has been solved. Stop posting nonsence...

• @Jar said:
    Duz thees mak u madd?

Nah. Maybe it could teach some people a thing or two :)

Grammer Nazi 3.0: It does not. duzMad is spelled with 1 letter D.

• PortCTLPortCTL Member
    edited February 2015

makanenzo10 said: Are you 2 still talking? I have stated the problem has been solved. Stop posting nonsence...

I laughed, you stated you're a grammar nazi, spelt grammAr wrong, then instead of writing two you wrote 2.

let me correct you

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

makanenzo10 said: Are you 2 still talking? I have stated the problem has been solved. Stop posting nonsence...

It's not "nonsence", and I don't like your attitude at all. So no, I won't stop posting anything.

Thanked by 1PortCTL
  • Ah, the good old "grammer nazi" (sic) Gotta love them.

• So, who's grandmother is a nazi?