Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server within $25/Mon
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server within $25/Mon

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

I need a Dedicated Server within $25-$27/Month in Range. There should not be any Setup Fees and Monthly Payments of course. I can find the following:

1. DataShack - $25/Month for AMD Phenom II x4 650 with 4 GB DDR3 Ram and 500 GB HDD, 5 Usable IPv4, 20 TB BW over 1 Gbit/s Network.

2. Online.net - Euro 15.99/Month for Intel C2750 (Avoton) with 8 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD, 1 IPv4, 1 Gbit/s Unmetered, DDoS Protection. Has a 20 Euro Setup Fee and Only Credit Card Payment.

3. Hetzner A.G. - Within Euro 25, their Server bidding can provide Intel Core i7-2600, 16 GB Ram, 2 x 3 TB HDD, 1 Gbit/s. No Setup Fee.

I can see Core i7-2600 is the powerful one among all of them. But, it's a Desktop graded Hardware. I would like to see some reviews about them & choose the best Uptime One. Help Me in choosing or Let Me know any other offer.

Comments

• What's wrong with a desktop grade hardware? Your personal computer never exploded.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

@msg7086 said:
    What's wrong with a desktop grade hardware? Your personal computer never exploded.

Yeah, that's why I took it in My List :-) No Problem, just saying. I just need to know their uptime report. If they don't shutdown My Server so often, then it would be Okay. How about their Disks?? I/O Speed?

@TheKiller said:
    MarkTurner

The Problem with Delimiter is they want Quarterly Payment which I dislike.

Thanked by 1shrubbles
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    The Problem with Delimiter is they want Quarterly Payment which I dislike.

markTurner may be able to provide you the option of monthly payments.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

Let Him visit here :-)

• If you check Hetzner auction you can actually get i7 2600 32GB Ram 2x 3TB HDD @ €26.89 or same specs but i7 3770 @ €29.41

If you are a first time customer, Hetzner they might ask you for validation.. which is a scan of your passport/drivers license. I ended up just cancelling my order.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited February 2015

I think their monthly payments are like $10/mo more than the quarterly price from what I recall. I may be wrong.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited February 2015

@earl said:
    If you check Hetzner auction you can actually get i7 2600 32GB Ram 2x 3TB HDD @ €26.89 or same specs but i7 3770 @ €29.41

If you are a first time customer, Hetzner they might ask you for validation.. which is a scan of your passport/drivers license. I ended up just cancelling my order.

I can provide them those Documents. Nothing to worry about. Just I have doubt about their HDD Drives because if they fails/get Bad Sectors then, how long will they take to replace it & will My Datas be safe with them with their cheap server !

@doughmanes said:
    I think their monthly payments are like $10/mo more than the quarterly price from what I recall. I may be wrong.

Yeah, I've checked them already.

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2015

Can't comment on their support as I don't have a server with them, but I noticed they also offer enterprise drives along the same price range..

Not really sure if enterprise drives are more reliable thought.

• I got the delimiter one with quarterly payment and I have nothing to worry about. The server just works. This is what I want. Also their customer area had everything I need yo take care of it.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner netomx
  • Does hetzner accept paypal?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Yeah, that's why I took it in My List :-) No Problem, just saying. I just need to know their uptime report. If they don't shutdown My Server so often, then it would be Okay. How about their Disks?? I/O Speed?

23 Eur one from their auction:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency :  1600.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 15957 MB
    Total amount of swap : 4093 MB
    System uptime :   7:14,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 68.2MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 11.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 11.2MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.32MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 54.9MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 70.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.23MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 9.38MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.76MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 15.7MB/s
    I/O speed :  144 MB/s

1 Seagate Barracuda 3TB (desktop), 1 WD RE 3TB (enterprise) - running in SW RAID 1

I'm happy with it - you get a lot for the money. I haven't had to send in tickets, but for example, new orders (like IPs, etc) are taken care of within 30-45 mins during their business hours.

@nadz said: Does hetzner accept paypal?

Yup.

Thanked by 2geekalot nadz

@earl said:
    Not really sure if enterprise drives are more reliable thought.

The fact is that I really don't have any usage of 6 TB HDD. So, I was thinking if I can get better HDD with less capacity. My current usage is only 100-150 GB.

• edanedan Member
    edited February 2015

From the list you provide definitely I will choose Hetzner.

Go with their SSD cached starting @ 36 Eur if you need more IO speed. Personally I got Intel Core i7-2600, 16 GB RAM, 2 x 3TB, 2 x 120GB SSD, LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-4i for @ 43 Eur.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync; rm -f test
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.77631 s, 387 MB/s

Thanked by 1msg7086
  • Can someone with a server from the Hetzner auction provide me with a speedtest file?

@mikeyur said:
    Yup.

Can you tell Me their IP Pricing ??

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited February 2015

is Hetzner auction servers good for production use? I don't want HDD to fail on me!

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Can you tell Me their IP Pricing ??

They're kinda pricey. If you want a subnet you need a Flexipack + subnet cost: http://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/flexipack, but you can add 3 single IPs (4 total) for €0.83/IP/mo.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    The fact is that I really don't have any usage of 6 TB HDD. So, I was thinking if I can get better HDD with less capacity. My current usage is only 100-150 GB.

By better you mean SSD? cause I saw some that had 2 x 3TB + 120/240 GB SSD but it gets pricey..

I know they are out of stock but what I think is a good deal are the kimsufi, I bought one last month was the KS3 i5 750 16 GB Ram 2 TB HDD unmetered @ 100 Mbit for €14.99 + €9.99 setup fee. €14.99 is approx $17!!

unfortunate thing is you can only get 1 IPv4 they don't offer upgrades on IP's, if you are interested check www.kimsufi.com/en/

I've had servers with wholesale/Datashack and Volume Drive and they tend to give older drives compared to OVH or online.net.

• @Ruriko said:
    is Hetzner auction servers good for production use? I don't want HDD to fail on me!

You can test the server for 14 days so make sure all work as expected. Their support is good actually.

@Ruriko said:

Same to Me. Thinking that if those failed & My datas are gone.

• TheKiller said: markTurner may be able to provide you the option of monthly payments.

You've always been able to pay monthly, but you don't get as bigger discount:
    http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/servers2015/?p=X515016500

Select monthly

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We have the following in Atlanta:

• Xeon E3110, 4GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive $24.99 (Coupon Code YASW0FA9V9)
    • Core 2 Quad Q9550, 8GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive $29.99 (Coupon Code G67V0F8XE9)

Both come with 20TB Bandwidth / 1 Gbps Port, 5 IPv4 Addresses, /64 IPv6 addresses on request.

@MarkTurner said:
    Select monthly

$30/Month with X5150, I'm not really interested. Instead of that i7-2600 would perform much better and got many more positive reviews about Hetzner.

@qps said:
    We have the following in Atlanta:

• Xeon E3110, 4GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive $24.99 (Coupon Code YASW0FA9V9)
    • Core 2 Quad Q9550, 8GB RAM, 250GB Hard Drive $29.99 (Coupon Code G67V0F8XE9)

Both come with 20TB Bandwidth / 1 Gbps Port, 5 IPv4 Addresses, /64 IPv6 addresses on request.

Not interested. I would love to take the L Series of your regular offer If I could increase the budget.

@mikeyur @edan @shaw I heard that if I want to get any Extra IPv4, I have to get their Flexipack by Euro 15. Is that correct ??

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited February 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    mikeyur edan shaw I heard that if I want to get any Extra IPv4, I have to get their Flexipack by Euro 15. Is that correct ??

@mikeyur said:
    They're kinda pricey. If you want a subnet you need a Flexipack + subnet cost: http://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/flexipack, but you can add 3 single IPs (4 total) for €0.83/IP/mo.