Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vincent Chan Top Spammer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vincent Chan Top Spammer

RandyRandy Member
edited August 2012 in General

Hey people, I have been having issues with this spammer, anyone currently has issues with him too? he likes to target Windows Based systems. but i am sure he targets Linux Systems too? i am pulling my hair off every single minute.

Please share your views about this spammer

Comments

• Do you have a privacy policy by any chance?

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Again with this?

Thanked by 2klikli Randy
  • @Spencer said: Again with this?

what is wrong with this? just a discussion?

• TheHostingSquad aka I leak all my clients info

Thanked by 1klikli
  • @Spencer said: TheHostingSquad aka I leak all my clients info

you are going off topic, that discuss has already been answered, Please dont start a war here,

• @Randy said: you are going off topic, that discuss has already been answered, Please dont start a war here,

actually, hes actually pretty much exactly on topic.

• gianggiang Veteran

You have just disclosured another full name of your client.

• gianggiang Veteran

@Jack said: No , He has disclosed a spamhaus name

He said he having issues with this guy, then Vicent Chan is his client? Right? He got a ToS, lol which seems he hasn't read it :P

• No, i am discussing about this spammer. @giang

• I'm with randy on this. That guy has also been discussed on LET previously.

• @Randy said: No, i am discussing about this spammer.

lol joking > If he has access to your machine he isn't a client. Non-paying client..

and.. to deal with this, you need to secure your node and tighten the windows templates a bit..

• gianggiang Veteran

@Randy said: No, i am discussing about this spammer. @giang

Yes, I know, you can report this spammer to authority, but not talking about him in the public forum, it againsts your tos, right?

• Everyone gets to deal with Vincent Chan in one way or another. Please keep in mind that people who send reports in to Spamcop tend to be somewhat sensationalistic, and everything pharma-related tend to get lumped into "vincent chan".

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited August 2012

@Damian said: everything pharma-related tend to get lumped into "vincent chan"

That is only because there is no sign of intelligent life at Spamhaus

Thanked by 2lbft Victor
  • Shit like this is why I'm always shocked that anyone would use Windows on a server.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

That is not the main point of this thread, some said he is china based same said he is hong kong based? so which is which? i am saying about "vincent chan" himself. i have no doubts that his group is international.

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited August 2012

@giang said: Yes, I know, you can report this spammer to authority, but not talking about him in the public forum, it againsts your tos, right?

You've completely got the wrong read on this. Randy is an asshat, but you're reading this thread the wrong way. If I hack one of Damian's client VPSs that doesn't make me IPXCore's client.

@Randy said: That is not the main point of this thread, some said he is china based same said he is hong kong based? so which is which?

Maybe look at a map.

Thanked by 2Randy klikli
  • klikliklikli Member
    edited August 2012

@Soylent said: he is china based same said he is hong kong based

I heard someone said he is central-district-based?

• @Randy
    Companies should report fraud and abuse to the proper organisations/authorities not to discuss your client name in the public , For 2nd time you violated your own TOS even for spammer unless you state in your TOS that you may release the spammer name/info to the public.

make sense?

• @dataeg You should learn to read the context of the thread before jumping to conclusions.

@Soylent said: You've completely got the wrong read on this. Randy is an asshat, but you're reading this thread the wrong way. If I hack one of Damian's client VPSs that doesn't make me IPXCore's client.

• must just be you, he's not listed in FraudRecord

• @telephone
    lol i see only a company owner for 2nd time violate his own TOS if you are Mr Super Duper reader tell us the different

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

@dataeg

please read Again

i did not violate anything in this thread

• @Randy

I am talking about concept not about the spammer , You are violating your TOS badly . if you want to do such public name release you have to state that in your Privacy policy . even for DDoS abuser not only fraud

• I see a guy with barely passable English missing out on the nuances of this thread because he's reading something the wrong way.

I am Mr. Super Duper Reader-- I have a cape and everything-- and I already pointed out the error in the logic you're using. Let me break it down for you.

SPAMHAUS SAYS VINCENT CHAN AND HIS GROUP:

• are big time spammers.
    • use their criminal network to sign up for VPSs fraudulently to send spam.
    • use botnets to send spam.
    • target vulnerable Windows machines (including VPSs) to add to their botnet, or to send spam.

THINGS RANDY HAS SAID:

• He's having trouble with Vincent Chan.

THINGS WE KNOW FROM PREVIOUS THREADS:

• Randy unknowingly served an infected Windows template to his customers.
    • This caused one of his clients to be flagged by SpamHaus as a Vincent Chan account.
    • That situation gets resolved, but now we have this thread.

THINGS RANDY HAS NOT SAID:

• Vincent Chan himself is a valued customer of Randy's company.

• dataegdataeg Member
    edited August 2012

@Soylent and?

• @Soylent
    No comment on
    lol

• TazTaz Member

Summer ain't over yet?

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Summer ain't over yet?

It will very soon when those super duper sleep