Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

irc server on a vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

irc server on a vps

sysnodesysnode Member
edited October 2011 in General

Hi,

Any recommendations for a host that allows irc + are reliable?

Am new to vps. Currently running a shared server for a few groups and some want to run irc..

Thanks for any tips!

Cheers!

Comments

• hoped to get some hints from people that perhaps use/d irc on vps.
    experience beats google.. ;)
    cheers!

• You may want to actually look at the links provided as @Mon5t3r was showing you the previous discussions about hosts that allow IRC.

I'll throw in another link as well for the forums:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:lowendtalk.com+irc

Please note that the previous forums are on subdomains.

experience may beat google but without comprehension, we're all wasting our time.

• @sysnode I have a VPS with XenVZ that I run an IRCd on since their last LEB promotion and haven't had a single downtime or network outage yet! Currently at 203 days uptime :D

I currently also have a VPS with BuyVM that is sitting at 72 days uptime (how long I've had it, though there have been a few network hiccups caused by HE.net) running an IRCd and a BNC quite nicely, and a custom 64MB VPS from Cartense Pyramid Server (did I spell that right @Mon5t3r?) that has been running my IRCd flawlessly with the exception of a very short (few minutes IIRC) power outage at their Ashville datacenter.

• Kuro said: Cartense Pyramid Server (did I spell that right?)

Carstensz :D

The highlands surrounding the peak were inhabited before European contact, and the peak was known as Nemangkawi in Amungkal. Puncak Jaya was named "Carstensz Pyramid" after Dutch explorer Jan Carstenszoon who first sighted the glaciers on the peak of the mountain on a rare clear day in 1623.

Kuro said: that has been running my IRCd flawlessly with the exception of a very short (few minutes IIRC) power outage at their Ashville datacenter.

yes, some problem on netriplex/immedion remote power panel. (not a good sign for immedion? :P ) actually down for around 5-8 minutes according to my multiple uptime checker. :(

• OK.. So it seems buyvm might not be a waste.
    Thanks for the tip!