Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i need someone to create me service dll file which will preform copy|paste|run tasks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i need someone to create me service dll file which will preform copy|paste|run tasks

drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi

I need dll which will work on 64 bit windows 2008 and 2012 and which will preform some copy, paste and run tasks or call bat script.

It has to be service manager compatible dll file.

Thank you

Comments

• You could do this with https://www.autoitscript.com/site/

Thanked by 2drserver geekalot
  • +1 on autoit, used it for many years.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

JoeMerit said: bharatb.dll

will try that one also :)

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited February 2015

Am I missing something? Why not just use user32.dll, kernel32.dll, etc.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Do it in Powershell ? Depends on what you want it to do.
    If you can give more info and Powershell is an option, let me know and I'll see if it's something I can do.

It is for changing password on windows template. So there has to be service started before user login on install where service does not exist.

so we will mount storage deploy service then service will do task and self destruct.

• drserver said: It is for changing password on windows template. So there has to be service started before user login on install where service does not exist.

I'm not sure what you are looking for - could you sysprep with a custom password?

Silvenga said: I'm not sure what you are looking for - could you sysprep with a custom password?

That is what i have now. Our deployment system allows us now to do some manipulation. As i wish to automate and secure deployment as much as i can i need such dll.

Thank you

• Can't you use first run and let it run the following:

net user Administrator newpassword

cassa said: net user Administrator newpassword

That is idea however how will you call that command if you are not logged in as any user ?

• @drserver said:
    That is idea however how will you call that command if you are not logged in as any user ?

AFAIK when you use RunOnce, it'll run the script as an Administrator before it logs on.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@JoeMerit said:
    bharatb.dll

Why............

• @BharatB said:

Why not............

@Cassa @drServer
    Depending on windows version you still need to run the command as elevated administrator you would get an access denied.

This will run in a Xen HVM environment? How would the service/application on the Windows Guest know what password to set?

edited February 2015

VM creation > mounting lvm > creating password.txt and creating or manipulating other service > vm boot > service doing its thing > delete password.txt > 3 sec reboot timer >self destruct service

The problem is elevation, with UAC enabled you will need to elevate the administrator user before changing the password.

One way is to deploy the image with UAC disabled and then after changing the password enable UAC again and reboot.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Anyone with simple knowledge of any of the VS languages could whip this up in short time. If you are unable to find a solution, let me know. I cannot promise any time frame due to other engagements. AHK may be a possibility also. But VS would be very few lines to write.

As others have pointed out, the UAC thing will be interesting. The best suggestion has been provided here already I think.

• +1 for AutoIt. I started using it from scratch a couple of years ago to automate a bunch of installations. You could probably fit the question within an OP in the AutoIt forums.

• Maybe I am missing something here. We use sysprep a lot and although we allow the end user to create their own local user and password on first boot, the below should work.

Before running sysprep, set the image to force the specified user account a password change at next logon via Computer Management>>>Local Users

Now run sysprep and when the image boots, the user will be forced to change the password at the first logon regardless of what the sysprep password is for the specified user. In fact, it can probably be removed from the sysprep answer file.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited February 2015

@Weblogics said:
    Now run sysprep and when the image boots, the user will be forced to change the password at the first logon regardless of what the sysprep password is for the specified user. In fact, it can probably be removed from the sysprep answer file.

@DrServer

This is what we do. 100% automated windows installs, just enter the password on first login (via VNC or SPICE, which you can use our in-browser SPICE client thanks to OpenNebula SunStone being so sweet!)

Otherwise, add me on Skype and I can point you in the right direction in regards to either using the base services included on the machine for doing what you want (such as the MicroSoft Windows Remote Management and Configuration Interface) and MSCCMI.

Alternatively, there is the turnkey method, or downloading the password during initial boot (which is another method we looked into, from our deployment network, but decided against due to the requirements on modifying our UI.)

• GoodHosting said: This is what we do. 100% automated windows installs, just enter the password on first login (via VNC or SPICE, which you can use our in-browser SPICE client thanks to OpenNebula SunStone being so sweet!)

Otherwise, add me on Skype and I can point you in the right direction in regards to either using the base services included on the machine for doing what you want (such as the MicroSoft Windows Remote Management and Configuration Interface) and MSCCMI.

Also the OP should look at using RT Se7en Lite on his images. This program effectively allows Windows installs to be lite versions and the amount of memory and resources that can be saved is quite a lot which is perfect for virtual environments. The Windows 7 (Enterprise version) Lite install ISO I created at work is almost 1/2 the size of a default install ISO.