Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LusoVPS review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LusoVPS review

FilipeFilipe Member, Host Rep
edited October 2011 in Reviews

Hello,

Ok everyone, it's time to bring down the house and tell all the good and bad aspects about LusoVPS. We know that we have a lot to evolve and learn on this forum.

Let's hear it from you.

Thanks

Comments

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited October 2011

Never even heard of them until today.

edit: Oh wait, I remember now.

• I've used one of the 128mb XEN boxes, i guess it was ok. I canceled tho because i didn't really need it.
    As for the VPN service i appreciate the idea. However i would still prefer to setup my own VPN for various reasons. You are obliged to log every visited website when running a VPN service, if i setup my own server i don't have to log anything.
    Also this makes it theoretical very easy to sniff http traffic for login data etc. Not saying that u have any bad intentions but someone might hack the VPN server and install a sniffer or so. Also when i use an own VPN server i can have multiple clients making connections over the VPN thus using it as a real network rather than just a proxy.

• FilipeFilipe Member, Host Rep

@drmike, I really want to hear something from you. On other discussions you show that you know what you're talking about. And I would like to go deeper on that conversation about one million IP addresses, with you.

@gsrdgrdghd, yes but you do agree with me that you have an advanced knowledge on Linux. Some other users don't...

thanks

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

Is IPv6 available already? If yes.. by default with every vps or on request?

Hi! Yes, every plan comes with 1 IPv6 address. Just have to request support to enable it.

thank you

• Only one? :) What happened to "million" addresses offer? :)

(not that anyone need million but a few more... )

• @Filipe I did mention some bits about my experience with your company here on another thread:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/467/recommend-ukeurope-provider-for-xen-hvm-or-kvm-that-allows-cd-rom-selection

@Spirit awwwww, we will give away IPv6 for those who ask ;)

@tortau, thank you on your honest review. It's very important to get the good, but also the bad reviews so that we can improve our service.

Thank you

• LusoVPS here?

Filipe said: @tortau, thank you on your honest review. It's very important to get the good, but also the bad reviews so that we can improve our service.

That is a good statement =)

@yomero yes, I'm speaking on behalf of LusoVPS. :)

Thank you

• krokro Member

I've been with LusoVPS for a while now, happy with the services, few outages but either planned, or an email follow's.(Never impacting)

Never really had any issues, so just one of those vps's i never think about as it just does its thing. Then there's those other provider vps's... :)

Thanks to the LusoVPS team :)

Thank you, kro. I'm happy to see that everything is working as expected.

• Did anybody know that "Luso" in my native Filipino dialect is equal to "balls"? LOL :D

• vedranvedran Veteran

Speaking of which, ballsvps.com is not taken ...

• @vedran said: Speaking of which, ballsvps.com is not taken ...

I would hate to see that header image <_<

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Working on this right now .... any suggestion? :)

• vedranvedran Veteran

Nothing appropriate for this forum >_<

• @prometeus said: Working on this right now .... any suggestion? :)

Add DoS-Filtering as a feature with a disclaimer of "Just TRY to bust our balls!"

Ahah... I'll pitch in with 1 server!

• flyfly Member

nice javascript site :)