Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DirectAdmin and CVE-2014-0224
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DirectAdmin and CVE-2014-0224

I currently have a new directadmin installation on debian 7.

I recently did some tuning including adding a GRE tunnel, and enabling HTTPS for the panel. Upon completion of HTTPS and GRE setup, I used the ssllabs test to check my SSL.

SSL Labs reports that I am vulnerable to CVE-2014-0224.

According to the debian security tracker and my installation, this is impossible.

Debian Security Tracker indicates that it was fixed in 1.0.1e-2+deb7u13/1.0.1e-2+deb7u14.

Dpkg reports 1.0.1e-2+deb7u14 is installed.

I don't get it.

Comments

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited February 2015

Hi,

SSL Labs don't lie or they maybe have some false/positive issue, but ...

To test:

apt-get changelog openssl | grep CVE-2014-0224

If a result is not returned, then, yep, you need to update/patch your system.

From debian source, your package version don't have that patch. If that is 100% case, you will need to rebuild your version with patch or you will install new version: from openssl (1.0.1h-1) or +. As you wish.

@StartledPhoenix

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • edited February 2015

A bit of testing...

Apt-get doesn't seem to want to get the changelog for me, indicating that the changelog download failed..... however aptitude luckily does.

root@Katyia:~# aptitude changelog openssl | grep CVE-2014-0224

>

• Update fix for CVE-2014-0224 to work with more renegiotation and

>

• Fix CVE-2014-0224

Seeing that it was patched, I took another look around and found http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=32045

Since they have decided to make it impossible for people to test if the panel is vulnerable, is there any way I can check to see if it is actually vulnerable to such an attack?

• @StartledPhoenix said:
    A bit of testing...

Apt-get doesn't seem to want to get the changelog for me, indicating that the changelog download failed..... however aptitude luckily does.

Since they have decided to make it impossible for people to test if the panel is vulnerable, is there any way I can check to see if it is actually vulnerable to such an attack?

Trying the attack on your own system.

• Have you restarted your service/machine yet?