Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedicated servers to rent?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedicated servers to rent?

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited August 2012 in General

I'm looking to see if any providers can rent me a cheap dedicated server Or semi-dedicated server.

I'm looking to host a SolusVM master on here, and a SpaceBukkit master (Minecraft stuffies). Just apache. Plus a single MySQL database.

Looking for under $30. Don't need more than one IP. Bandwidth can be less than 200GB. Disk space can be around 20GB (Just to be safe, really looking to only use 3GB).

Thanks!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Vps would be more reliable under that budget. Grab a KVM if you want the freedom and isolation. BlueVM has a semi dedi for $30 though, it's quite nice.

• @jarland said: Vps would be more reliable under that budget. Grab a KVM if you want the freedom and isolation.

Was wondering if any of the providers had some old hardware to clear out :P.

• Umm, would you be considering cloud servers instead?:)

• @klikli said: Umm, would you be considering cloud servers instead?:)

If it's stable, cheap, and awesome. Sure :D

• You could shoot DataShack an email and see if they've got any $35 2xOpt2216 or $29 2xOpt248s laying around.

• Considering there's 30$ budget you can find cloud servers with similar reliability:) (read: compared to datashack)

• @klikli said: Considering there's 30$ budget you can find cloud servers with similar reliability:) (read: compared to datashack)

Any recommendations? Never checked cloud-servers before.

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

Check the offer of WooServers in WHT
    As far as i can recall,they have bargin around $20/m

• earlearl Member

@dearroy said: As far as i can recall,they have bargin around $20/m

I think it's only first month!

Thanked by 1klikli
  • I´d recommend a kvm-based VPS...cheap...and has enough power for you.... :-)

• earlearl Member

Not sure if it's still available but here is a dedi for $29, you could email them before signing up..

http://www.silverknighttech.com/specials/server-specials/

Intel Pentium D 3.0GHz
    250 GB HD Space
    1 GB RAM
    10 Mbps Unmetered Connection
    1 IP
    CentOS
    $29.95/Month !!

• JunJun Member

I'd rather look for more stable VPS or cloud with that budget

I myself have a lowend dedicated from Routerhosting,for $29.95/m i get Dual Core E6700 + 2GB RAM + 1TB HDD + 10TB Xfer on 1Gb port + 3 IPs + Free DA license.
    but i dont think they still have something like this in stock.

• When I see cheap + dedi, it is going to be OVH or Hetzner

Thanked by 1rm_
  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited August 2012

@dearroy said: I myself have a lowend dedicated from Routerhosting

Would not recommend them, their first response is always fast but got nothing resolved and then second response could take anywhere between 5 hours to a day. Had a server with them and after various rounds of cr@p and still unable to use my server after a week, I cancelled it. No refund though so I threw money into water essentially.

And they try to rip you off in any way they could, for example, apparently it cost money for them to install Windows for you even if you have to use your own SPLA key to activate and the second time you ask them to install free DA, they would tell you "sorry the offer has expired" although their advertisement kept saying free DA.

My fear is that for under $30 they're going to try to push a single, used hard drive. Now I get that ovh pulls off a higher standard than that, but I assume from their size that they probably get bulk discounts that most wouldn't dream of, and anyone nearing their size usually isn't pushing a budget line.

The reason I suggest a KVM is that you get to run your setup on a strong CPU with a RAID10. Personally though, I'm running my solus master on a Dacentec $65 dedicated with RAID1. Datashack's $35 (+5 for additional drive) is probably the cheapest dedi I'd use.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

30$ can in no way include 2 HDDs for RAID. Hosting a solusVM master and other master server on non-raid overused HDD is just asking for problems. I would never do such a thing.

My solusVM controlling all our nodes: http://i.imgur.com/Kyza8.png

@zhuanyi said: Would not recommend them, their first response is always fast but got nothing resolved and then second response could take anywhere between 5 hours to a day. Had a server with them and after various rounds of cr@p and still unable to use my server after a week, I cancelled it. No refund though so I threw money into water essentially.

And they try to rip you off in any way they could, for example, apparently it cost money for them to install Windows for you even if you have to use your own SPLA key to activate and the second time you ask them to install free DA, they would tell you "sorry the offer has expired" although their advertisement kept saying free DA.

I am sorry to hear your bad experience with them,but what i get is really fit what i pay for.As the price is damn low,i dont think you should expect any support with them.
    Hannan always gets my ticket resolved within 2hrs.As for DA,they provide me the license key and id and i am sure that is valid.
    Just my experience.so i hope you are now with a much better provider. :)

• I have a few servers that you may be interested in. Feel free to PM me if you want the details.

• @dearroy said: Just my experience.so i hope you are now with a much better provider. :)

I guess the experience with them (and many low end provider) is YMMV, I actually had pretty good experience with IPAP.co before they went under :)

• @Brandon said: I have a few servers that you may be interested in.

In Toronto?

• @zhuanyi said: In Toronto?

Yes

• PMed :)

• earlearl Member

@jarland said: I'm running my solus master on a Dacentec $65 dedicated with RAID1

Did you pay for the extra drive or did they include it for free? have to say, they have been pretty awesome so far!!

@earl Yeah I paid for it. They really are great people there.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@jarland said: They really are great people there.

Yeah really nice folks.. don't ever get the feeling like I'm bugging them! but they tend to be a bit slow to reply sometimes.. cant really go wrong with the rent to own thought cause they pretty much charge the same as Datashack..

I think I will continue to colo after the first year.. maybe send them a couple more HDD cause I only have one now..

• flyfly Member

bhs ovh :)